Team working on error fixes for Overwatch's new game mode.
The new Server Browser feature that’s currently being tested on the Overwatch PTR is some of the most fun we’ve had in the game for a long time, but it’s not without its issues.
There are bugs and annoyances here and there, which is perhaps to be expected when introducing something that shakes up some of the gameplay fundamentals so dramatically.
Blizzard seems to be tracking quite a few of these problems though, and has recently posted a list of known issues that the team’s monitoring and intends to fix. Check if your problem’s are included here, and do submit a ticket if it’s not!
Server Browser – Find Game
- Players receive an inaccurate message if they attempt to join a Game Lobby which has been changed to no longer be Public
- If you right click for information on a Game Lobby that has been closed, the Info screen will still try to load data
- When a group joins a Game Lobby they will be divided up evenly among Team 1 and 2 instead of all being placed together
- If you mouse over a Game Lobby listing made my a friend, the green friend icon will be hidden by the information icon
- When right clicking for information on a Game Lobby it is possible the artwork displayed may be in a low resolution
Server Browser – Lobby
- Changing the Max Players value will not always visually adjust player locations out on the lobby screen when they are moved
- Clicking on an empty player slot to invite someone to your Game Lobby will not fill them into the slot you clicked on
Server Browser – Modes
- If you disable Health packs, the Game Lobby information screen will still needlessly show other Health pack setting modifications
- When playing Capture the Flag mode, A.I. Bots will not appear in the game
Server Browser – Heroes
- It is currently possible to use Hero Limits to create games where not everyone in the match is able to pick a hero and play
- When adjusting Ultimate Ability and Ultimate Generation in the Heroes General settings, what it has been modified to will not display properly in the Game Lobby information
- If you have custom settings for a hero, but return them to their defaults, the heroes name will still show up in the Game Lobby Information list
- If Mei’s Ice Wall cooldown is reduced, attempting to place consecutive walls can sometimes cause only one ice pillar to appear
- Tornjorn’s cooldown modifier for his Armor Pack ability does not function
Server Browser – Other
- You do not receive a notification message if you are kicked out of a Game Lobby
- If you leave a Custom Game during the end of round flow you can end up stuck on a black screen
Our most popular Overwatch guides:
“I can only hear sound one one side of my headphones…”
Dolby Atmos is designed for use stereo headphones, but some modern headsets attempt to simulate surround using their own software which can result in various conflicting behaviors. Try disabling supplementary audio software utilities, and if that does not resolve the issue create a new thread in the Tech Support forum by following the Tech Support guidelines.
“Mei’s left click causes a crash in-game and in kill cams…”
The particle effect emitted can cause issues on certain graphics cards if they are not using the most up-to-date drivers. Try updating your drivers to the latest version, and if the issue persists start a new thread on the Tech Support forum by following the Tech Support guidelines.
“Upon trying to connect to a match, I get stuck loading for a long period of time and I am sent back the the lobby before I get in to the match…”
Substantially slow load times can prevent you from successfully entering a game. Try closing back ground applications, ensuring that your anti-virus software is up-to-date, and that there are no issues with your hard drive. If the problem persists, start a new thread on the Tech Support forum by following the Tech Support guidelines.
“I am experiencing unnaturally high amounts of latency…”
This can be caused for a number of different reasons, some of which have already been documented on the Tech Support Forum. Please be sure to read the stickied posts in the Tech Support Forum for possible workarounds. If none of the proposed solutions work for you, create a new thread in the Tech Support forum by following the Tech Support guidelines.
“When I start a match sometimes people and weapons are invisible.”
It is possible for a player to load into the game before some assets have been fully loaded.