Here's a look at every Killstreak in the game.
Our Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Killstreaks page contains a list of every Killstreak available in the game, how to unlock them and what they all do.
Chain together a number of kills in a single life and you’ll earn yourself a Killstreak. It can range from a simple UAV drone which reveals enemy locations, to a tactical airstrike which’ll blanket an area with rockets, to a care package containing Juggernaut assault gear that turns you into a walking tank.
There are plenty of Killstreaks in Modern Warfare, with some new additions and the return of old favourites. Below we’ve rounded all of them up so you can get a better idea of which will best suit your playstyle.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – A list of all the Killstreaks
Here’s a look at all the Killstreaks in the game, along with their unlock requirements and effects:
- Personal Radar (3 kills) [Unlocked Rank 1] – An escort drone that reveals nearby enemies on the mini-map and audibly pings them in the world.
- Shield Turret (3 kills) [Unlocked Rank 1] – A manual shielded turret that can be deployed on most surfaces.
- Counter UAV (4 kills) [Unlocked Rank 36] – A drone that constantly emits a scrambling signal, disabling enemy mini-maps and incrementally disrupting their senses the closer they get to it.
- UAV (4 kills) [Unlocked Rank 9] – A UAV recon ship that reveals enemy locations on the mini-map.
- Care Package (4 kills) [Unlocked Rank 28] – Call in a random killstreak care package to your location.
- Cluster Strike (5 kills) [Unlocked at Rank 1] – Signal for a number of cluster mortars to hit the chosen target.
- Cruise Missile (5 kills) [Unlocked at Rank 45] – Control a long range cruise missile with boost capabilities.
- Precision Airstrike (5 kills) [Unlocked at Rank 15] – Call in twin jets for a precision strike along the best available path.
- Infantry Assault Vehicle (7 kills) [Unlocked at Rank 44] – A manned light infantry vehicle with a .50 cal machine gun on the top.
- Sentry Gun (7 kills) [Unlocked at Rank 13] – Automated turret that scans for nearby enemies.
- Wheelson (7 kills) [Unlocked at Rank 23] – Remote controlled UGV with a powerful airburst turret.
- Emergency Airdrop (8 kills) [Unlocked at Rank 41] – Call in three random killstreak care packages to your location.
- VTOL Jet (8 kills) [Unlocked at Level 20] – Releases an initial missile barrage before guarding a location of the player’s choice.
- White Phosphorus (10 kills) [Unlocked at Rank 51] – Cover the battlefield with white smoke incendiary canisters that will weaken the enemy and burn any that wander too close.
- Chopper Gunner (10 kills) [Unlocked at Rank 1] – Control an assault chopper armed with a turret and air-to-land missiles.
- Support Helo (11 kills) [Unlocked at Rank 5] – Call in a heavy assault helo with twin turrets to patrol the map.
- Gunship (12 kills) [Unlocked at Rank 31] – A heavy assault gunship with three types of armaments.
- Advanced UAV (12 kills) [Unlocked at Rank 48] – Orbital UAV that reveals the enemy’s direction on the mini map.
- Juggernaut (15 kills) [Unlocked at Rank 55] – Call in a care package that contains the Juggernaut assault gear. The minigun will drop when the Juggernaut dies.
- Nuke (30 kills) – Call in a game ending nuke.
- 1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – Best Guns Tier List Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Guns Tier List – Best Primary Weapons
- 2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Ranks – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – How does progression work?
- 3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Trials – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – Trials, XP rewards and more
- 4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Crossplay – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – Is there crossplay in Modern Warfare?
- 5. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Best Beginner Loadouts – Call of Duty: Modern Warfare – Best Beginner Loadouts
- 6. Modern Warfare guide hub – Modern Warfare guide hub
How do I unlock Killstreaks?
To unlock Killstreaks, you need to earn XP by playing multiplayer matches and completing in-game challenges. As you rank up your Operator, you’ll gradually unlock these Killstreaks.
How do I activate these Killstreaks in-game?
To activate these Killstreaks, you need to press right on the D-Pad if you’re on controller and  on PC (which you can rebind for easier access).
To earn Killstreaks, you need to get kills without being eliminated. It’s possible to earn multiple Killstreaks in a match too.
Keep an eye out for two perks which affect Killstreaks. Hardline will reduce the number of kills you need to earn Killstreaks in-game, while Kill Chain means Killstreak kills count toward your next killstreaks.