You Owe-den it to yourself.
The Oden is an automatic Assault Rifle which deals huge amounts of damage but has high vertical recoil. Here’s the best loadout for Warzone.
The Oden’s always been a monstrous thing, an unwieldy beast with limited ammo, slow fire rate, huge recoil but enormous damage numbers. This makes it one of the most difficult Assault Rifles to use in Warzone, and it feels more like a mixture between a Sniper Rifle and an LMG when lugging it around.
If you’re after something fast and brilliant at close range, the Oden isn’t going to cut it. However, if you’re willing to embrace the gun’s strengths and accept the slow ADS and high recoil, you can build something pretty devastating.
Here’s how to get the most out of the Oden.
Best Oden Loadout in Warzone
First and foremost, you’ll want to jump into a multiplayer playlist (if possible) and level this thing up a fair amount. The Shipment 24/7 playlist is amazing for this.
We’ve kitted the Oden out to minimise vertical recoil as much as possible and give you strong long range laser beam potential too. It’s going to be slow to ADS, so ensure you’re taking fights from a distance and supporting your teammates for calm, calculated shots which’ll crack armour easily.
Here’s our favourite loadout for those long range engagements:
- Barrel – Oden Factory 810mm
- Muzzle – Colossus Suppressor
- Underbarrel – Merc Foregrip
- Optic – VLK 3.0x Optic
- Rear Grip – Rubberized Grip Tape
Starting with the Barrel, the Oden Factory 810mm gives you by far the most benefits of the lot. Next, the Colossus Suppressor is a must if you don’t want to turn up on the radar and will give you greater damage range too. The Merc Foregrip will reduce that horrible vertical recoil, and the Rubberized Grip Tape will help out too.
Finally, the VLK 3.0x Optic is our favourite for mid to long range engagements. It provides just the right amount of zoom and is nice and clear as well. Of course, you can always swap this out for another optic if you don’t get along with it, but we’d recommend sticking to something which gives you some zoom – you’ll definitely want it for those long range fights.
- 1. Call of Duty: Warzone – Best CR-56 AMAX Loadout
- 2. Call of Duty: Warzone – Best Fennec Loadout
- 3. Call of Duty: Warzone – Best MP5 Loadout
- 4. Call of Duty: Warzone – Best Kilo 141 Loadout
- 5. Call of Duty: Warzone – Best AX-50 Loadout
- 6. Call of Duty: Warzone – Best HDR Loadout
- 7. Call of Duty: Warzone – Best M13 Loadout
- 8. Call of Duty: Warzone – Best MP7 Loadout
- 9. Call of Duty: Warzone – Best Uzi Loadout
Secondary, Perks, Equipment
Here’s what we like to run with it:
- Secondary weapon: For short range build, the M4A1 or Grau are great choices. For Long range build, the MP7, MP5, or even the likes of a CR56-AMAX will do the trick.
- Perk 1 – Cold Blooded, Double Time or EOD
- Perk 2 – Overkill or Ghost if you’re feeling brave
- Perk 3 – Amped
- Lethal – C4
- Tactical – Heartbeat Sensor or Stun Grenade
These are all pretty common in Warzone. We’ve chosen Overkill here as it gives you an all important secondary to fill the gap, but you’ll absolutely want to visit another Loadout Drop to grab Ghost for the late game. With this in mind, you can run Ghost and pick up a secondary along the way if you’d rather have it right off the bat.
The equipment is a classic C4 and Heartbeat Sensor combo. C4 is excellent for chucking into buildings or catching vehicles off guard, while the Heartbeat Sensor gives you extremely valuable intel on enemies without Ghost.
We’ve popped the Stun Grenade in here as another option as it’s brilliant for pushing enemies if you know they’re vulnerable. Land a hit and they’ll be unable to turn for a very long time (if they aren’t running EOD) which’ll make them a juicy sitting duck to feed your K/D with.
Now you know the ins and outs of the Oden, why not check some of our other Warzone guides? For some more advanced strats, we’ve got a page on slide cancelling in Warzone, as well as advice on how to unlock the Rytec AMR, the new sniper rifle in Warzone.