Here’s a look at Call of Duty: Warzone’s Season 5 Patch Notes. You’ll find everything from weapon changes, to map changes here.
Warzone Season 5: Patch Notes
Warzone Season 5 is live! There’s a host of changes to the loot pool, playlist, map, and more – all of which you’ll find below.
For an overview of the Operators, Maps, and teasers for the future, our Season 5 guide has you covered.
It’s worth noting that a big weapon tuning and balance update is due soon. This means there aren’t any major tweaks yet, only a couple to marksman rifles and the FR 5.56. Expect the FAL and Bruen to see changes over the next couple of weeks.
Here’s everything that’s lined up for Season 5.
The big + symbol in the “And More!” section likely refers to Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s live in-game announcement. Infinity Ward has made it clear something is going to happen in Warzone to reveal the next Call of Duty game.
Given all the bunkers and keycards floating around, alongside some spooky Operator visuals in the lobby screen, we can’t imagine it’ll be long before Cold War’s reveal and Warzone’s transition to a new game.
Day One Playlist Update
Infinity Ward has clocked onto the fact most players aren’t too happy with Juggernaut crates being added to regular Warzone game modes. It’s lowered their spawn rate and removed them entirely from Buyback Solos, but is this enough? The community wants them gone entirely, or at least exclusive to the Juggernaut Royale game mode.
A small patch is going out now across all platforms to adjust a few things in #Warzone!· Removing the Juggernaut crate and Most Wanted contract in BR Buy Back Solos· Lowered the drop rate of Juggernaut crates and how often they appear· Keypads…are now active. pic.twitter.com/CyH54Vugsr
Infinity Ward (@InfinityWard) August 6, 2020
All this backlash stems from Juggernauts simply being too overpowered. Most final circles descend into Juggernaut stand offs, with any non-juggernauts facing obliteration. Sure, it’s a bit of a laugh in the Juggernaut Royale mode, but it’s not so fun when you’re faced with this scenario in every single game mode.
Also, take note of the Keypads being activated. Players are discovering keypads, keycards, codes, and the like, in a similar vein to the bunkers from Season 4. We imagine this is all a big build up to the next Call of Duty in-game reveal! Keep an eye on the site for more info.
The Season Five update has a download size of approximately 34-54 GB for owners of the full version of Modern Warfare and free-to-play Warzone who are up-to-date with the latest update.
- PlayStation 4: 33.9 GB
- Xbox One: 49.8 GB
- PC: 54.2 GB (Modern Warfare owners) and 47.4 GB (Warzone only owners)
Once the new Season of content has been integrated into your game, and provided you had the update prior to Season Five installed, Modern Warfare will have a decrease in overall footprint on console.
Console players can also choose to uninstall/remove other data packs if no longer needed for a smaller overall file size. For detailed information on uninstalling/removing other data packs, this article has all the info.
- Ground War (Adding Verdansk International Airport)
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Search and Destroy Double Down (12v12)
- Face-Off (Livestock)
- Oil Rig and Harbor 24/7
- BR Duos
- BR Trios
- BR Quads
- BR Solos Buy Back (previously called BR Solos Stimulus)
- Blood Money Quads
- Mini Royale Trios (Fast-paced Battle Royale in condensed areas of Verdansk)
- Added Weapon Inspect!
- Fix for an issue where store bundle images could get stuck on the previous bundle image when scrolling on PC
- Fixes to prevent screen tearing
- Fix for an issue where Price and Gaz occasionally lose their eye models while navigating various menus
- Fixed a bug where, when the ‘Headshots Only’ option is set in a custom game, the male Operator hitboxes aren’t functioning properly
- Fix for an issue where the default scope on the Rytec AMR cannot be customized
- Fix for a bug where Care Packages, Juggernauts, and Emergency Airdrops were not getting properly refunded to the player if getting the ‘Too many vehicles, refunding killstreak’ message in a Custom Game
- Stopping Power rounds are now preserved on dropped weapons
- Added a brief decay period when transitioning from heavy footsteps (sprint, tactical sprint) to lighter footsteps (walk). This addresses players immediately becoming quiet upon slowing down from fast movements
- Fixed a bug where the player’s choice of weapon fire and scope states were not being saved and restored after interacting with the Sentry Gun, Shield Turret, and Care Package
- (We’ll have weapon tuning and other weapon adjustments in a future patch. Stay tuned for updates.)
- Fix for invisible collision appearing in Barakett Promenade
- Fix for a bug where the 23.0″ RPK Barrel was appearing broken in-game and in the Gunsmith menu
- Fix for an exploit where players were able to give themselves unlimited ammo
- Fix for an exploit using the Recon Drone and Care Package
- The PKM – Bludgeoner will now gather ammo from any other PKM weapon
- Fixed an issues where players were hearing the missed hit VO for the Precision Airstrike when right after calling it in
- Added a VO line when a player’s High Alert warning is triggered
- Fixed an issue where players could receive ‘wallbang’ kills when shooting through players
- New Warzone loot items!
- Gulag weapons will now rotate every week between four sets total
- Increased effective damage range for all semi-auto DMR and semi-auto Sniper Rifles
- Increased effective damage range for the FR 5.56
- Fix for a bug where the player’s physics could be controlled by the helicopter while they parachute out
- Fix for an issue where players were unable to call in any Air Strikes
- Fix for seeing invalid pings on the Heartbeat Sensor
- Added new VO lines to warn players of enemy Recon Drones being called in near them (BR only)
- Previously, the Most Wanted contract could respawn dead players. Now, it can respawn players in the Gulag in any state
- Fix for the ‘Alive in Gas’ challenge timer
CALL OF DUTY LEAGUE:
- Fix for an exploit while inside the blue kiosks on Piccadilly New restricted attachments:
- Muzzle – Suppressors (all)
- Optic – Thermal Sights (all)
- Underbarrel – Merc Foregrip
CO-OP MODES (Tac Ops, Classic Special Operations, Survival):
- Team Ping is now enabled in these modes
- New Challenges: Playing it Bogart – Defeat enemies in style while supporting your teammates in these Co-Op Focused Challenges
SPECIAL OPERATIONS: SURVIVAL
- Added new map, Crash
- Fix for exploit involving the Equipment Store
- Improved stability
- VRAM usage is now displayed in 2 separate bars: one for Warzone and the other for multiplayer
- Added a keybind for Air Vehicles’ Horn in the Killstreak and Vehicles tab in the Options menu