Our guide to getting started with this off-meta Warrior deck!
Our Deathrattle Warrior deck guide features the best deck list for Season 43, with Mulligan advice, strategy tips, card combos and synergies.
Deathrattle Warrior is a control-focused Hearthstone deck that exploits the synergies between cards such as Direhorn Hatchling, Mountainfire Armor and N’Zoth, the Corruptor. Throw a Dead Man’s Hand into the mix alongside these three cards and you have a deck that’s capable – in theory at least – of outlasting and frustrating just about any opponent.
The stars do need to align quite dramatically for this deck to perform to a competitive level though, and so it’s not the most consistent Warrior deck you can play right now. Still, if you fancy throwing your ladder opponents quite a curve-ball – and you really know how to pilot this kind of deck – there is success to be had with it nevertheless.
In our Deathrattle Warrior guide we’ve highlighted one of the more popular versions of the deck that’s being played in the current meta, and given some Mulligan advice as well. To wrap things up we’ve broken down all of the combos that feature in this particular deck list.
Should this deck take off in popularity we’ll expand on all areas of this article, but for now we think this should be a pretty good primer on what to expect. We’d love to hear of your own experiences of playing this one in the comments, so sign up and let us know how you’re getting on with it.
Deathrattle Warrior deck list and strategy
Right now you can consider this archetype to be strictly off-meta, but it at least provides an elemental of surprise on the rather stale ladder!
Be very wary of crafting any cards that don’t feature in the more established decks, but do take this one for a spin if you have everything you need and fancy a change from the norm!
|2 x Shield Slam||1 x Doomsayer|
|2 x Whirlwind||2 x Acolyte of Pain|
|2 x Armorsmith||1 x The Lich King|
|2 x Battle Rage||1 x N’Zoth, the Corruptor|
|1 x Dead Man’s Hand|
|2 x Execute|
|2 x Slam|
|2 x Sleep with the Fishes|
|2 x Mountainfire Armor|
|2 x Shield Block|
|2 x Blood Razor|
|1 x Brawl|
|2 x Direhorn Hatchling|
|1 x Scourgelord Garrosh|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAQcGS4oB4KwCjs4Cws4Cn9MCDJADogTUBPwEkQb/B7II+wzGwwKixwLKzQLMzQIA
Refer to the tips and combo section at the bottom of this page for a strategic understanding of how this deck works. If Deathrattle Warrior increases in popularity, we’ll update this section of our guide with specific advice for dealing with both aggro and control-orientated opponents.
- 1. Best Budget Decks – Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List – Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Bomb Warrior – Bomb Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Galakrond Tempo Warrior – Galakrond Tempo Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Face Highlander Warrior – Face Highlander Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Pirate Galakrond Warrior – Pirate Galakrond Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Highlander Dragon Warrior – Highlander Dragon Warrior deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
Deathrattle Warrior Mulligan guide
You’re going to have to grit your teeth here as you stomach a potentially very tricky early-game. You’re predominantly looking for cards such as Doomsayer (particularly against aggro opponents), Mountainfire Armor, Acolyte of Pain and Armorsmith.
Blood Razor‘s a tougher one to keep unless you also happen to have The Coin, although against aggressive decks it’s arguably an important tool for shutting down their board development over a turn or two.
Deathrattle Warrior tips, combos and synergies
This is a new one for all of us to wrap our heads around, and so it’s helpful to tear down all of the combos that are contained in this deck list. Do share your own tips in the comments section so we can all work together at getting better with this one!
– Armorsmith will gift your hero a point of Armor every time a friendly minion takes damage. Don’t forget that your damage-dealing spells such as Whirlwind, Shield Slam, Slam and Sleep with the Fishes affect your own minions too. The Battlecry and Deathrattle effects of Blood Razor apply here as well.
– Another source of damage comes from Scourgelord Garrosh. Once played, your hero power will be transformed into a new ability which dishes out a single point of damage to all minions out on the board.
– A copy of every card in your hand will be shuffled into your deck when Dead Man’s Hand is played. If you use a deck tracker you can keep a much closer eyes on the effects of this card, especially in the late-game when you’ll be churning through a much smaller overall pool of cards.
– Even the slightest bit of damage will bring an enemy minion into the removal range of Execute. Note the damage effects we’ve listed further up in this section.
– You can also use those same damage-dealing effects to tap Acolyte of Pain for extra cards. Whirlwind and Blood Razor play particularly well with this card, as they only do one point of damage, ensuring the Acolyte lives to (suffer) another day for the cause!
– When N’Zoth, the Corruptor is played onto the board, your expired Deathrattle minions (Mountainfire Armor and Direhorn Hatchling in this deck) will be re-summoned onto the board. There are obvious synergies here with Dead Man’s Hand if you can keep shuffling these related minions back into your deck before a big summon.
– The Lich King gifts you a random card from his collection at the end of each of your turns. Here are the cards you might be lucky enough to draw into:
|2||Death Coil||Deal 5 damage to an enemy, or restore 5 Health to a friendly character.|
|2||Death Grip||Steal a minion from your opponent’s deck and add it to your hand.|
|2||Obliterate||Destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its Health.|
|3||Death and Decay||Deal 3 damage to all enemies.|
|4||Anti-Magic Shell||Give your minions +2 / +2 and “Can’t be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.”|
|5||Doom Pact||Destroy all minions. Remove the top card from your deck for each minion destroyed.|
|6||Army of the Dead||Remove the top 5 cards of your deck. Summony any minions removed.|
|7||Frostmourne||Deathrattle: Summon every minion killed by this [5 / 3] weapon.|