Everything you need to know about this year's Valentine's Day-themed event.
Our Destiny 2: Crimson Days guide contains everything we know so far about this Valentines themed event coming to the game.
Following on from the recent Christmas cheer introduced with the Dawning event, Destiny 2’s headed for a Valentine’s Day-themed event entitled Crimson Days.
Players can expect the usual host of themed cosmetic items including Valentines Sparrows, Shaders and Ghosts. There’s also a brand new 2 vs 2 PVP playlist for those of you who want to test your bonds of friendship, but it’s only sticking around for the week, so make sure you get stuck in.
Below we’ve put together a complete breakdown of everything that you need to know about Destiny 2’s Crimson Days event, including previews of all the cosmetic rewards on offer. We’ll continue updating this guide as time goes by, so keep this page bookmarked for all the latest!
Editor’s UPDATE #3: We’ve completely overhauled this guide with info on all the cosmetics and modes coming with the Crimson Days event.
Destiny 2: Crimson Days Start and End Date
Crimson days begins on Tuesday February 13th 2018 and ends a week later on the 20th. It kicked off at 17:00 PM PST and it’s likely to end at the same time a week later.
Destiny 2: Crimson Days Cosmetic Rewards
Compete in any activities during Crimson Days and you’ll receive Crimson Engrams, with all contents on a “knock-out” list that’ll prevent you from receiving duplicate items until you’ve earned all the new loot.
On top of this, all players will earn both Illuminated Engrams and Crimson Engrams whenever they level up during the event. It’s worth noting that Crimson Engrams are only obtained through gameplay, so you can’t purchase them from Tess at the Eververse – hooray!
To qualify for these Engrams, you’ll need to reach the level cap for your Guardian, that’s 25 for DLC owners or 20 for those who don’t.
Here’s a list of all the cosmetic items that will be released with the event, along with a lovely gif of the item pool itself.
- Ghost Shells
- Transmat Effects
There are also five new rewards exclusively obtainable for players who complete the following activities:
- Complete the milestone “Welcome to Crimson Days” by finishing five Crimson Days matches and visiting Lord Shaxx in the Tower to earn the Fire of the Crimson Days Emblem and the Tirastrella Ghost Shell.
- Complete matches in the Crimson Days Crucible playlist for a chance to earn the Undeterred Exotic Sparrow.
- Complete either the Leviathan Raid or the Raid Lair: Eater of Worlds to claim the Dieselpunk Exotic Ornament for Wardcliff Coil from the final chest.
- Complete the Nightfall Strike during the Crimson Days event to earn the Flaunting Dance Emote.
Here’s a closer look at some of the new cosmetics.
Tirastrella Ghost Shell
Undeterred Exotic Sparrow
Dieselpunk Exotic Ornament
Flaunting Dance Emote
Destiny 2: Crimson Days PVP Mode
For the duration of Crimson Days there will be a limited-time game mode that’s essentially Clash with a round-based twist. It takes place on the PVP map called The Burnout, a darkened version of The Burning Shrine map from the original Destiny.
How does Crimson Doubles work?
Here’s a simple overview of how this special Valentines themed mode works.
- Teams of 2 players.
- Stay in close proximity with your partner and your abilities recharge at a faster rate.
- Stray too far from your ally and your enemies will be given a waypoint leading to your location.
- Can’t find a partner to play with? There’s a matchmaking system in place to help you find one.
- Essentially, stick together and prosper!
That’s all we have for now, but keep this guide bookmarked for all the latest information on Crimson Days!