More positive changes planned for early 2018.
Since Destiny 2 Update 184.108.40.206 which introduced brand new Masterwork weapons, Bungie has been monitoring player feedback and announced a number of planned changes for the new year.
Bungie’s list of changes were revealed in an official forum post and it focuses mainly on tweaks to Masterworks and briefly touches upon improvements to the existing Mod system too.
- We’re implementing a new mechanism that we can use to limit long dry spells in Masterwork drops due to bad RNG.
- We will also be looking at adding some guaranteed sources of Masterworks, but we are working on a broader plan to improve prestige activity rewards and it might wait until then.
- We’re watching overall drop rates and usage over the holiday and will adjust drop rates and material costs as needed.
Masterwork Inventory Management
- We’re planning a fix for Masterwork Cores not going to your postmaster if you’re full on Consumables.
- To help prevent accidental loss of Masterwork Cores, we’re extending the dismantle timer to give players a larger window to stop the process.
- Right now, the stat bonuses are small tweaks intended for players who want to optimize very deeply. We’re watching feedback and are excited to adjust or add more stat bonuses in the future. Once we have more information, we’ll share our plans with you.
- We have begun plans to add Masterworks to Armor as well.
- The Armor bonuses will be more modest than the Orb generation on Weapons (in part because you have five equipped at once), but at minimum we want to provide a much requested mechanism to change the Armor stat type.
Weapon and Armor Mods
- We don’t have a firm ETA yet, but feedback on Armor and Weapon Mods has been heard!
- At minimum, we are looking to ease inventory pressure (ex: collapsing per-slot or per-class Mods).
- We’re also seeking to make Mods a more meaningful part of your loadout decisions.
Currently we don’t have a release date for these changes but it’s pretty clear that we’ll be seeing these tweaks coming to the game early 2018.
We’ll continue monitoring the forums for updates, so keep your eye on the site for all the latest Destiny 2 news.