Everything we know so far about Destiny 2's Heroic Strikes.
Our Destiny 2 Heroic Strike guide contains everything we currently know, with Heroic Strike rewards to be added at launch.
Heroic Strikes are being retired in Forsaken, so we’ve put together a section right at the top of this article outlining what will replace them! The rest of the content in this article is pure nostalgia.
Introduced with the Curse of Osiris DLC, Heroic Strikes in Destiny 2 are some of the toughest PVE challenges in the game. Their difficulty lies somewhere between a Prestige Nightfall and a Nightfall Strike, meaning that players must have a pretty high Power Level and strong grasp of the game if they’re to survive.
While Strikes in Destiny are replayable PVE activities which feature a linear path filled with mini-bosses and challenging encounters, Heroic Strikes are even tougher variants that up the intensity but also the rewards.
Although they might sound similar to the weekly Nightfall Strikes, Heroic versions are bundled into a matchmaking playlist so that anyone can get involved and join in. There’s real replay value when it comes to battling through them too, as you’re able to scoop up powerful gear on a more regular basis.
Heroic Strikes will be retired with Forsaken
With the release of Destiny 2’s first major expansion, Forsaken, Heroic Strikes are officially being retired. Instead of one playlist containing a bunch of tougher Strikes, all Strikes will now have three Power Level ratings: 300, 400 and 500. Once a player has totalled a max power that’s 40 over one of the ratings (300 or 400 for example) then that mode will be locked to them.
The Power 500 playlist will always be available and Strikes will have modifiers too, phew.
Those who haven’t purchased the expansion are referred to as Legacy players, and naturally things will work a little differently:
- The Strike playlist matches the legacy playlist that is currently available in Year 1.
- There is a recommended Power of 200.
- Strikes will have modifiers.
What are Heroic Strikes?
Below we’ve put together a breakdown of what to expect when jumping into the Heroic Strike playlist.
- Every Heroic Strike has a recommended Power Level of 270+
- Selecting the Heroic Strike playlist will launch you into a random Destiny 2 or Curse of Osiris Strike.
- You’ll be rewarded with Rare or Legendary Gear for completing each one.
- There’s a weekly Milestone associated with completing Heroic Strikes. Once you complete enough of them, you’ll receive a Luminous Engram containing Powerful Gear.
List of Strike Guides
Here’s a list of walkthrough guides for every Strike in Destiny 2.
Curse of Osiris
Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris guides
- 1. Curse of Osiris – Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris guide
- 2. Pacifica – Destiny 2: Pacifica guide
- 3. Wormhaven – Destiny 2: Wormhaven guide
- 4. A Garden World – Destiny 2: A Garden World guide
- 5. Mercury – Destiny 2: Mercury guide
- 6. Infinite Forest – Destiny 2: Infinite Forest guide
- 7. Lost Prophecies – Destiny 2: Lost Prophecy guide
- 8. Heroic Strikes – Destiny 2: Heroic Strike guide
Heroic Strike Rewards
Here’s what you’ll earn for completing Heroic Strikes.
- Guardians can earn Rare and Legendary Gear.
- Complete the weekly Milestone and you’ll receive a Luminous Engram.
- You’ll receive Vanguard reputation tokens for completing a Heroic Strike.
- A certain amount of XP will be rewarded when a Heroic Strike has been completed.
- Completing Heroic Strikes are also a way of earning materials for Lost Prophecies and working towards Vanguard armour ornaments.
Heroic Strikes in the original Destiny featured modifiers like the Nightfall Strikes we have in Destiny 2 now. Although they’ve been stripped away in the sequel, we imagine Bungie will reinstate something similar to make these Heroic Strikes more varied and exciting.
If you’ve got any ideas on how Heroic Strikes could be improved, let us know in the comments below and we might just feature them in this article!