Destiny 2: Lost Prophecy guide – All weapons, verses, offerings, Perfect Paradox and Sagira’s Shell
Absolutely everything you need to know about Lost Prophecies in Destiny 2.
Our Destiny 2: Lost Prophecy guide explains how the weapon forging process works and contains a list of every verse, weapon and tips on gathering offerings.
Introduced with the Curse of Osiris expansion, Lost Prophecies are ancient quests that send you on a hunt to gather rare materials and reward you with unique, powerful weapons in return.
Go to Brother Vance in the Lighthouse and you can purchase a mysterious Lost Prophecy tablet that needs to be activated with special ingredients. Many of these components can be acquired while going about your usual business on Mercury, but others may require you to take on some tough challenges.
Below we’ve put together a guide that’ll explain how these Lost Prophecies and weapon forging processes work, along with a full list of Prophecy Verses and additional pointers on how to acquire Prophecy offerings. Expect this guide to updated considerably in the early days of the new DLC!
Editor’s UPDATE #8: We’ve revised our “Best Lost Prophecy Weapons” section at the very bottom of the article and it now includes a brilliant video which outlines the top five weapons you’ll want to be forging right away. Of course, all you need to do is scroll up to find out what offerings you’ll need, what verses correspond to each weapon and how the forging process works. We’ll continuously update this guide as new information swings our way, so stay tuned!
How do Lost Prophecies work?
Here’s a quick list of what steps you’ll have to complete before you can start collecting Lost Prophecy verses, and other factors to take note of.
- Once you’ve got the DLC’s campaign underway, Brother Vance won’t initially sell Lost Prophecy Verses.
- For Brother Vance to start flogging his Lost Prophecy Verses, you’ll need to complete the Curse of Osiris campaign and follow this up by taking on all the Adventures he gives you immediately afterwards.
- Once you’ve powered through all of this, he’ll give you the opportunity to replay one Adventure on Heroic difficulty. This will only happen if you’ve hit Power Level 290+, so bear this in mind if it doesn’t work for you.
- Finally, Brother Vance will start selling his Lost Prophecy Verses, but he won’t sell them all! You can only purchase a maximum of three Lost Prophecy Verses per week.
- Of course, this means that Brother Vance rotates his three Lost Prophecy Verses every week, so you’ll have to be patient if there’s one in particular you’re seeking out.
- If you’ve not gathered all the ingredients for a Lost Prophecy Verse, it’ll still be in your inventory after a week – they don’t disappear or reset.
- We highly recommend picking up a Lost Prophecy Verse before you go off and have a crack at your weekly Milestones. This means you’ll naturally gather ingredients while you complete activities.
Weapon Forging Process
- Go to Brother Vance in the Lighthouse.
- He’ll have a number of Lost Prophecy Verses on sale.
- Choose one to acquire and it’ll be added to your inventory.
- Hover over it in your inventory and you’ll notice that it has a set of requirements. For example: Collect 1 “Concentrated Radiolarian Culture” and 2 “Advanced Paradox Amplifier.
- These ingredients are acquired by participating in specific activities, such as Heroic Strikes and Adventures.
- Once you’ve collected all the required components, you’ll need to head into your inventory, carefully seek them out and use the required amount (once you’ve used them up, there’s no going back).
- When you’re done, you’ll receive a glowing Prophecy Tablet.
- Go back to Brother Vance in the Lighthouse and he’ll automatically have a “Lost Prophecy, Verse X Fulfilled” tablet for you.
- Go ahead and acquire it, before heading toward the Weapon Forge in the Lighthouse.
- Interact with the Forge and you’ll receive your unique weapon!
List of Verses
Here’s a list of all Brother Vance’s Lost Prophecy verses and their corresponding weapons.
|Prophecy Verse||Legendary Weapon||Energy Type||Prophecy Offerings|
|Prophecy Verse 1||Garden Progeny 1 (Scout Rifle)||Kinetic||1 x Concentrated Radiolarian Culture|
|Prophecy Verse 2||The Conqueror 2 (SMG)||Kinetic||2 x Concentrated Radiolarian Culture + 1 x Advanced Paradox Amplifier|
|Prophecy Verse 3||Jack, Queen King 3 (Hand Cannon)||Energy||1 x Concentrated Radiolarian Culture + 2 x Advanced Paradox Amplifier|
|Prophecy Verse 4||Machine Dei 4 (Pulse Rifle)||Kinetic||3 x Concentrated Radiolarian Culture|
|Prophecy Verse 5||Traveler’s Judgment 5 (Sidearm)||Energy||3 x Advanced Paradox Amplifier + 1 x Fossilized Hermaion Blossom|
|Prophecy Verse 6||Sol Pariah 6 (SMG)||Energy||2 x Concentrated Radiolarian Culture + 2 x Advanced Paradox Amplifier|
|Prophecy Verse 7||West of Sunfall 7 (Hand Cannon)||Kinetic||1 x Advanced Paradox Amplifier + 2 x Fossilized Hermaion Blossom|
|Prophecy Verse 8||Infinite Paths 8 (Pulse Rifle)||Energy||2 x Advanced Paradox Amplifier + 2 x Fossilized Hermaion Blossom|
|Prophecy Verse 9||Null Calamity 9 (Auto Rifle)||Energy||2 x Concentrated Radiolarian Culture + 2 x Advanced Paradox Amplifier + 2 x Fossilized Hermaion Blossom|
|Prophecy Verse 10||Future Safe 10 (Sword)||Energy||3 x Advanced Paradox Amplifier|
Credit goes to Redditor denprofet for providing a complete list of all the ingredients.
Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris guides
- 1. Curse of Osiris – Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris guide
- 2. Pacifica – Destiny 2: Pacifica guide
- 3. Wormhaven – Destiny 2: Wormhaven guide
- 4. Radiant Cliffs – Destiny 2: Radiant Cliffs guide
- 5. A Garden World – Destiny 2: A Garden World guide
- 6. Tree of Possibilities – Destiny 2: Tree of Possibilities guide
- 7. Mercury – Destiny 2: Mercury guide
- 8. Infinite Forest – Destiny 2: Infinite Forest guide
- 9. Lost Prophecies – Destiny 2: Lost Prophecy guide
- 10. Heroic Strikes – Destiny 2: Heroic Strike guide
11th Lost Prophecy Verse: Perfect Paradox
You’ve probably noticed in our table above that there are only 10 weapons listed, even though we know for a fact that there are 11 available to collect in game.
We’ve had a very helpful tip-off from one of our readers (thank you!) which goes through how they obtained the 11th weapon called Perfect Paradox. Here’s the process:
- Firstly, Perfect Paradox is a Legendary shotgun.
- It doesn’t seem like you have to complete all 10 Lost Prophecy verses, instead our reader only completed five in the order: 1,6,3,4 and finally verse 10.
- After completing verse 10, Brother Vance gives you a unique “Another Prophecy” which grants you access to a special quest called “Signal Light”.
- This quest tasks you with going into the Infinite Forest in search of the Vanguard signal that’s emanating from there.
- Upon completion of the quest, the Prophecy items changes and you’ll need 2 x Advanced Paradox Amplifier, 2x Concentrated Radiolarian Culture and 2x Fossilized Hermaion Blossom.
- Use these items and the prophecy transforms again, this time granting you access to the “Not Even the Darkness” quest.
- Go ahead and complete this and you’re sent back to Brother Vance and then directed to forge Perfect Paradox.
- Do bear in mind that this process may not work for everyone, but there are reports that some players had only completed verse 10 before gaining access to verse 11 – while others did not. It seems a little random and we’ll keep an eye on things until we have a definitive process.
Sagira’s Ghost Shell and Prophetic Arsenal Emblem
If you manage to complete all 11 Lost Prophecy Verses and forge every weapon, you’ll be rewarded with Sagira’s Ghost Shell and a new Legendary Emblem.
Sagira’s Ghost Shell makes your existing Ghost look like Osiris’ companion and comes complete with some unique perks. It’s Intrinsic is entitled “You’re Welcome” and detects caches and resources within a 75-meter range on Mercury. There’s “Omni-Telemetry” which generates Gunsmith telemetry data on any elemental weapon kills and finally, “Scion of Mercury” which gives increased Glimmer and chance to obtain additional faction consumables on Mercury.
The Emblem not only looks great, but also tracks the number of enemies you’ve eliminated with Prophecy weapons.
Here’s how to get them:
- Complete every Lost Prophecy Verse Brother Vance has to offer. This includes the Perfect Paradox (11th) Verse/Quest too.
- Once you’ve forged the final weapon, the Sagira Shell will drop automatically into your inventory.
- On top of this, you’ll also receive the Legendary Emblem entitled “Prophetic Arsenal” too.
How to acquire all Prophecy Offerings
In order to craft those unique Legendaries, you’ll need the ingredients to do so. To help you out we’ve put together a table that lists each material and what you need to do to get hold of them.
We’ll update this table considerably with every material each week when a new set of Lost Prophecy Verses goes live. Don’t be afraid to chime in with ingredients and any tips you may have for farming them in the comments below – we may just feature them in the article!
|Advanced Paradox Amplifier||Strikes, Crucible matches and Heroic Adventures on Mercury.|
|Concentrated Radiolarian Culture||Gather 10 Radiolarian Culture from Public Events and their chests. Give these to Brother Vance to upgrade.|
|Fossilized Hermaion Blossom||Nightfall Strikes, Trials of the Nine and Heroic Strikes.|
For Concentrated Radiolarian Culture you’ve got no option but to get stuck into Public Events. Your best bet is to select a large planet like Nessus or the EDZ as they should have Public Events constantly occurring. If you can time it right, you’ll be able to participate in every single one and increase your chances of receiving ingredients.
One tip we have for farming Advanced Paradox Amplifiers would be grinding out matches in the Crucible as it’s easily the fastest way of earning them when compared to all the other options.
For Fossilized Hermaion Blossoms, you’ll want to participate in Trials of the Nine matches as these are the quickest method. Or, if you’ve got a solid fireteam together you can plough through Heroic Strikes to bag them too.
Best Lost Prophecy Weapons
Below we’ve linked a video that highlights the very best Lost Prophecy weapons on offer. Of course, we’ve got a complete weapons table above if you’re after details on what verse corresponds to which weapon.
It’s clear that there’s a whole host of Lost Prophecy weapons which are well worth tracking down, and personally, we’re huge fans of the sidearm and auto-rifle.
Houndish produces some fantastic Destiny 2 content, so do make sure you give the video a thumbs up to support his work!