Destiny 2: Scourge of the Past raid guide – Release time, rewards and encounters
Everything we know so far about Scourge of the Past.
Our Destiny 2 Scourge of the Past raid guide contains everything we know so far about Black Armory’s raid, including its launch time, enemies, bosses, weapons, armour sets and more.
Destiny 2’s upcoming Black Armory expansion is doing things a little differently to previous DLCs. It’s releasing content in a steady stream, and among all the new activities and loot, there’s a new raid for us to dive into.
Scourge of the Past isn’t connected to the Dreaming City, and therefore, isn’t a Raid Lair (great news). Instead, it’s a fresh experience set within the Last City on Earth, and its length sits nicely between the enormous Last Wish and the short, three encounter Raid Lairs. We’ve also been promised “different types of engagements” than those seen in previous raids – our excitement is mounting.
There’s a lot of information to absorb, so we’ve put together a page which contains absolutely everything you need to know about the Scourge of the Past raid.
Head over to our Black Armory guide for a complete overview of what to expect with the upcoming expansion.
Scourge of the Past: How to prepare
Here are a few pointers to help you get raid ready:
- It goes without saying you’ll want to be around 640+ Power Level as each encounter will prove too difficult otherwise. This isn’t to say it’s impossible for those around 620+, but it’ll certainly be a tough ask.
- Make sure you’re all stocked up on Raid Banners from Petra Venj. They’ll help you replenish Heavy and Super energy during encounters, which makes for an incredibly helpful bonus to have.
- Get a solid team together and choose a variety of classes and Supers. A nice mixture of damage and healing makes for a perfect combination. We’d also highly recommend taking Well of Radiance into battle as it’s a brilliant tool for surviving tough encounters, as well as an orb generating tool too.
- We’d recommend taking a variety of weapons into the Raid too. It’s especially important that you’ve got some strong power weapons to hand for maximum damage potential. The likes of Thunderlord, Whisper of the Worm and Cluster Bomb Rocket Launcher all make for solid choices.
- A Sparrow with quick summoning time will prove very useful for the Sparrow section of this raid.
- Check every corner of the map for hidden chests. As its a raid, they have a chance of rewarding very good gear.
- Finally, get ready for to buckle in – it’s going to take a while. Make sure you’ve got plenty of uninterrupted time to power through the raid.
Scourge of the Past: Video guide
For help with every encounter, make sure you give KackisHD’s video walkthrough a watch as it details everything in an easy to understand manner.
If you found it helpful, do consider subscribing to his channel!
Scourge of the Past: Loot and Rewards
- Bladesmith’s Memory Mask, Vest, Grips, Strides and Cloak.
- Bulletsmith’s Ire Helm, Plate, Gauntlets, Greaves and Mark.
- Gunsmith’s Devotion Crown, Robes, Gloves, Boots and Bond.
- Anarchy – Exotic Grenade Launcher
- Tempered Dynamo – Legendary Fusion Rifle
- Threat Level – Legendary Shotgun
- No Feelings – Legendary Scout Rifle
- Bellowing Giant – Legendary Giant Rocket Launcher
- Always on Time – Exotic Sparrow (found in a secret chest after the sparrow area)
Scourge of the Past raid release date and time
Bungie has officially confirmed that Scourge of the Past (we’ll refer to it as Scourge from now on) will release on Friday, December 7th at 09:00AM PT, 12:00PM ET, and 17:00PM UK.
For Black Armory, Bungie’s upping the maximum Power Level from 600 to 650 for all players. This means that Scourge’s recommended Power Level is 640.
However, for the first time in Destiny 2, there’s no minimum Power requirement. Any Guardian who owns the Annual Pass can jump in, explore the area and complete the raid. Although we’re unsure how tough it’ll be for those well below the recommended requirement, and if the game will scale encounters down steeply. Here’s hoping it’s not impenetrable for those who haven’t got the time to grind all the way to 640 in a matter of days!
Scourge of the Past raid setting
In its weekly blog post update, Bungie explains why Scourge isn’t technically a Raid Lair,
”When we revealed the Annual Pass earlier this year, we mentioned the inclusion of new Raid Lairs. In Season of the Forge’s reveal earlier this week, we said it contains a Raid, not a Raid Lair, a concept we had introduced last year. Lairs were extensions of an existing Raid setting. Black Armory’s “Scourge of the Past” doesn’t fit that definition. It takes place in a new setting, tells its own story, and isn’t related to the events of the Dreaming City. Destiny Raids have come in many shapes and sizes, from “Crota’s End” to “Last Wish”, and “Scourge of the Past” falls within that spectrum.”
Skip to 6:50 for information on Scourge.
What’s more, Bungie has drawn comparisons between Scourge and Wrath of the Machine’s high action gameplay. There are vehicle segments and surprising new encounters which will feature exciting new mechanics – count us in.
Scourge of the Past raid weapons and armour sets
Redditor Ginsor has unearthed a handful of the weapons which we’ll drop in Scourge. These items are pulled from the database, but their perk and damage details are hidden so we’ve only got their descriptions to work with for now.
Here’s a list of all the weapons (and a Sparrow), but make sure you head on over to Ginsor’s page for more details:
- Always on Time (Sparrow) – “Every second counts.”
- Tempered Dynamo (Fusion Rifle) – “Reinforce the bonds of legacy.”
- Threat Level (Shotgun) – “Hold on ‘til midnight.”
- No Feelings (Scout Rifle) – “Lose yourself in the moment.”
- Bellowing Giant (Rocket Launcher) – “Fate will hear your war cry.”
Youtuber x HOUNDISHx has put together a fantastic summary of these new rewards, as well as some of the armour sets you can obtain too. We’ve embedded the video down below, so make sure you give it a watch and consider subscribing to his channel for more content like this!