How to dominate this frantic PVP mode.
Our Destiny 2: Mayhem PVP guide contains tips, trick and strategy advice on how to dominate this adrenaline pumping game mode.
A fan favourite returns with the Dawning 2017 which means that the craziness of Mayhem is back!
This Crucible game mode buffs everyone’s ability cooldown speeds and point values are cranked up to the max. Basically, it’s absolute carnage and makes for a welcome change from the measured pace of the normal PVP modes. Expect frantic fights, plenty of explosions and countless Supers going off – it’s a real treat.
If you’re struggling to cope with the sheer pace of Mayhem, we’ve put together a simple guide that’ll help you get to grips with it and begin your ascent up those leaderboards.
Destiny 2: The Dawning 2017 guides
- 1. The Dawning 2017 – Destiny 2: The Dawning 2017 guide
- 2. Armour and Weapons – Destiny 2: The Dawning 2017 – Armour and Weapons guide
- 3. Cosmetics – Destiny 2: The Dawning 2017 Cosmetics guide – All Eververse Items and Gifts
- 4. Mayhem PVP – Destiny 2: The Dawning 2017 – Mayhem PVP guide
Below you’ll find a basic breakdown of how this game mode works.
- Two teams of 4 players.
- The game mode is Clash.
- There is a time limit of 10 minutes.
- The winner is the first to 125 eliminations.
- Supers, Class abilities and Power Ammo spawns are much faster.
- You respawn almost instantly.
- Power ammo spawns ridiculously fast, so make this a priority pickup.
- Your main focus shouldn’t be shooting folks, but using your Supers and grenades instead.
- Speed and close quarters combat are everything in Mayhem, so don’t bother equipping Snipers, Scouts or anything that requires precision – it’s too chaotic for that. Instead, get stuck into the action with an SMG or Auto Rifle.
- We recommend sticking with your Energy weapon while running about as it’s going to be useful when facing an enemy who’s activated their Super.
- There are clearly Subclasses which are stronger than others: Warlock Voidwalkers and Dawnblades, Titan Sunbreakers and Hunter Nightstalkers. Why? All of them have Supers which can be used quickly, easily or spammed in all directions.
- Don’t be afraid to swap Subclasses during a match, all of your abilities charge so quickly anyway!
- We recommend taking Fusion Rifles, Shotguns or Rocket Launchers into Mayhem as your Power Weapons. These things are just fantastic at shutting down Supers and taking out foes quickly.
Those are all the tips and tricks we have for now, but we’ll continue updating this guide throughout the launch period and as we get stuck into the mode ourselves – keep posted for more very soon!