Fortnite: Overtime Challenges Guide – How to get the free Season 8 Battle Pass
How to complete these challenges easily.
Our Fortnite Overtime Challenges guide explains how to get the free Season 8 Battle Pass.
We’re nearly at the end of Season 7 and Fortnite’s pulling out all the stops for its Valentine’s “Share The Love” celebrations. Over the next couple of weeks a handful of Overtime Challenges will unlock, and completing a total of 13 before 27th February will reward you with a free Season 8 Battle Pass.
A few are already available to complete, so you’ll want to get on them as quickly as possible to guarantee that free Season 8 Battle Pass. Of course, they also reward you with EXP and Battle Stars which’ll go towards levelling up your current Battle Pass. There’s really nothing to be lost here, so they are well worth cracking on with.
Below we’ll take you through all the Overtime Challenges, along with some tips to help you complete them without too much hassle. We’ll also update this page with all the new Overtime Challenges as they unlock, so stay tuned for updates!
UPDATE: We’ve now completely fleshed this guide out with all the Overtime Challenges available in the game. Make sure you go ahead and complete them soon as Fortnite Season 8 is looming!
Fortnite Overtime Challenges List
Here’s a roundup of all Week 9’s challenges.
Free (open to all players)
- Collect Coins in Featured Creative Islands (0/15). 500 EXP
- Deal damage to opponents with Assault Rifles or Pistols (0/500). 500 EXP
- Search chests or ammo boxes at a motel or an RV park (0/7). 500 EXP
- Place Top 15 in Duos with a friend (0/3). Share The Love FX Trail
- Regain health from a campfire in different matches (0/3). 500 EXP
- Visit different Named Locations (0/10). 500 EXP
- Search a Supply Drop in different matches (0/2). 500 XP
- Revive a player in different matches (0/3). Loading Screen.
- Visit different waterfalls (0/7). 500 EXP.
- Deal damage to opponents with Shotguns or SMGs (0/500). 500 EXP.
- Search chests or ammo boxes at The Block (0/7). 500 EXP.
- Place Top 10 in Squads with a friend (0/3). XF Trail.
- Play matches of Driftin’ with a friend (0/3). 500 EXP.
- Thank the bus driver in different matches (0/7). 500 EXP.
- Search chests or ammo boxes ata racetrack or a dance club (0/7). 500 EXP.
- Outlast 75 opponents in a single match (0/75). Wallpaper.
Premium (Battle Pass owners)
- Reach Battle Pass Tier 47 (0/1). Outfit.
- Reach Battle Pass Tier 71 (0/1). Outfit.
- Reach Battle Pass Tier 87 (0/1). Outfit.
Tips and Tricks
Below we’ve compiled some tips for the challenges which are a little trickier than the rest.
Visit different waterfalls
For this challenge you need to visit a grand total of seven waterfalls across Fortnite’s map.
You can track them down across multiple matches as progress carries over, just make sure not to quit games early as this will erase your progress.
HarryNinetyFour has put together a very useful video which shows you where to find all the waterfalls across the map.
Head over to our Waterfall locations guide for a text overview if you’re unable to watch this video for whatever reason.
Collect Coins in Featured Creative Islands
To complete this challenge you need to collect a total of 15 hidden coins featured in Creative Islands.
First things first, you’ll need to load into any featured Creative Map with coins available. To do this, load into the “Creative” game mode and you’ll spawn next to a bunch of portals each leading to different Islands.
You’ll want to move over to the portals with a big silver “Featured” heading them up and as you draw closer you’ll need to look out for smaller text saying “Battle Royale with X hidden coins”. This will indicate if the level has coins scattered across the map for you to collect.
Once you’ve found a decent portal, simply step through and you’ll load into the map. It’s then a case of hunting around for these hidden coins. You can collect as many as you want before leaving and loading into a completely different map. Progress carries over so tackle this challenge in any way you want.
You can also collect all the coins in a level, reload the map and collect them again to complete this challenge in double quick time.
Here’s HarryNinetyFour showing us how it’s done:
Do make sure to subscribe to his channel for more helpful content like this!
Search chest or ammo boxes at a motel or RV park
To complete this challenge you need to search a total of seven ammo boxes at either the motel or rv park.
The RV park is just south of Lonely Lodge, while the motel is northwest of Lazy Links.
Here’s a video by GuidingLight which shows you where to find them both:
Again, do make sure you subscribe to their channel for more videos like this.