Release date and contents confirmed by Blizzard.
Blizzard has confirmed that the Overwatch: Game of the Year Edition will be released on Tuesday, May 23rd to coincide with the game’s Anniversary event.
The release of a special edition to mark the game’s stellar first year has been the subject of much speculation in recent weeks, and we’ve now got the official word thanks to a press release from Blizzard.
The Game of the Year edition will be released for the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 platforms, but what does it actually contain?
- Overwatch 10 Bonus Loot Boxes — Enjoy 10 bonus Loot Boxes, which each contain random items that can be used to personalize your heroes. Loot Boxes may include skins, emotes, victory poses, voice lines, sprays, and highlight intros, as well as credits you can use to acquire many different customization options.
- Overwatch Hero Skins — Pay homage to the original Overwatch strike force by wearing the vintage Blackwatch Reyes or Strike-Commander Morrison skins. Explore other heroes’ origins with Overgrown Bastion, Security Chief Pharah, and even Slipstream Tracer.
- Heroes of the Storm Tracer Hero — Jump into the Nexus with Tracer and surprise your enemies in the blink of an eye.
- World of Warcraft Baby Winston Pet — Adorably cuddly and highly intellectual, the Baby Winston pet will be at your side as you fight your way through Azeroth.
- Diablo III Mercy’s Wings — Slay demonic forces throughout the High Heavens and Burning Hells as you don Mercy’s wings. All of Sanctuary will know of your allegiance to Overwatch!
- StarCraft II In-game Portraits and a Hearthstone Card Back — With portraits of Tracer, Reaper, Pharah, Winston, Bastion, and Soldier: 76, you’re sure to become a champion of the Koprulu Sector. You can also battle it out in Hearthstone with an Overwatch-themed card back fit for a hero!
The one thing we don’t have right now is pricing, but we’ve reached out to Blizzard and will update this article as soon as we have more detail for you.