Hope you're ready to click nice and fast.
At the moment, it’s a bit challenging to get into a game of Hell Rush with your friends. There’s a way to play privately though, and here’s how.
How to play Monster Train Hell Rush with your friends
There’s a couple ways to play the PVP multiplayer in Monster Train with friends. The first is simple – queue with them at the same time by clicking the ‘Play’ button under Hell Rush simultaneously. You’ll likely be put into a lobby alongside each other, with a bunch of other players.
How do you play a private game of Hell Rush though? Just follow the steps below and you’ll be playing in no time.
- Step 1: Navigate to the ‘Multiplayer’ menu. This can be found just beneath ‘Single Player’ in the main menu.
- Step 2: Click ‘Play’ under the ‘Custom Challenges’ option. The right-most option on the menu, Custom Challenges lets you make your own games and unique challenges.
- Step 3: Select the ‘Create Challenge’ option. You’ll then be taken into a menu where you can customise your challenge as much as you want.
- Step 4: Toggle ‘Hell Rush’ to On. You can then choose the Primary and Allied clans for the specific challenge, as well as the Mutators to spice things up. You can even boost the Covenant Rank to 25 to really make things scary.
- Step 5: Submit your challenge. This is your last chance to edit the details.
- Step 6: Copy the deeplink. Click the button in the bottom right to copy the link, and send it to your friends.
- Step 7: Start the run at the same time. Click ‘Start Run’ and you’ll be off. The game begins when 2 people are in the lobby, so if you have more they’ll need to join sharpish to get things going!
Easy enough once you get the hang of it! Let us know what your favourite custom game modes are and we’ll give them a go as well – we’ve been loving the chaotic horror of Hell Rush so far. What’s your favourite clan?