Read about all the changes ahead of the Frozen Throne launch.
Hearthstone Patch 9.0 has just gone live ahead of the game’s sixth expansion Knights of the Frozen Throne. The card set releases this Thursday 10th August in the US, and Friday 11th August in UK and Europe.
Here are the complete pre-release patch notes, covering aspect of the new update.
Knights of the Frozen Throne arrives on August 10
Witness as Hearthstone’s heroes embrace the Lich King’s power to become Death Knights in Hearthstone’s latest expansion: Knights of the Frozen Throne. Knights of the Frozen Throne introduces 135 all-new cards — including a crypt-full of undead monstrosities, a new health-draining keyword in Lifesteal, and an all-new card type: Hero cards!
Death Knight Hero cards – Each of Hearthstone’s nine Heroes can wield the chilling power of a Death Knight. Hero cards are an all-new card type, neither spell nor minion, that allow you to transform your existing hero into a new one, complete with a powerful Battlecry, armor, and a potent new hero power!
Knights of the Frozen Throne introduces free single-player Missions.
- A new section of Missions unlocks each week until all the Missions are unlocked.
- The Prologue and The Lower Citadel are available with the launch of Knights of the Frozen Throne.
- Earn a free random Death Knight hero card just for facing the Lich King in the Prologue.
- Earn a Knights of the Frozen Throne card pack after completing each Mission section, for a total of 3.
- Defeat the final Mission with all nine classes to earn a new Paladin hero!
- New Paladin Hero: Prince Arthas
- Arena Rewards: Reduced variance of rewards in Arena. In particular, reward bags will no longer contain single, non-Golden Common cards.
- Arena Draft Change – The first two sets of cards in a draft are now more likely to include synergy-based cards.
Added the following card backs:
Blood Knight – Acquired from achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, August 2017.
Frost Knight – Acquired from achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Play, September 2017.
Call of the Light – Acquired from a special promotion.
Call of the Void – Acquired from a special promotion.
Card Change: Dreadsteed.
- Dreadsteed’s text now reads: Deathrattle: At the end of the turn, summon a Dreadsteed.
- Mistress of Pain and Wickerflame Burnbristle now use the Lifesteal keyword.
- Fandral Staghelm’s text has been updated to reflect that he will interact with powers as well: Your Choose One cards and powers have both effects combined.
- Changing your Hero will no longer ‘refresh’ your weapon swing.
- Auchenai Soulpriest and similar effects will only trigger once when combined with Lifesteal.
- The deck recipe “replace missing cards” UI no longer closes after every card is selected.
- Devices with no Wifi capability will now correctly receive a no wifi error message during Fireside Gatherings.
- Adventure bosses now correctly respond to the ‘Wow’ emote.
- Several cards that interact with cards of a specific type now glow when those cards are on the board.
- Anub’ar Ambusher no longer shows a Poisonous Keyword on mouse-over.