Our PUBG War Mode guide (Huntsmen and Marksmen) contains details of the end date and time, team sizes, firing modes per region and all the rules and restrictions you need to know about.
A new limited time event has just gone live in PUBG, and it sees War Mode return to the game. In this special event, you’ll start the game off with an assortment of weapons so you can get stuck into the competition straight away, and there’ll be air drops to help you with further supplies too.
In this article we’ve pulled together everything we currently know about the event, so you’re ready to get stuck in when you next fire the game up. From rule sets to event timings, you should be able to get everything you need from this page.
If you need more help playing the game, check out our massive PUBG guide which contains everything we’ve written about getting better at the game!
PUBG War Mode: Start and End Date/Times
War Mode began on Thursday 5th July at 7:00PM PDT. That was 3:00AM over here in the UK and 4:00AM in Europe.
The event will end this Sunday 8th July. Again, it’s a 7:00PM finish on Pacific Time, with the same end times for the UK and Europe.
PUBG War Mode: Maps, Teams and Firing Modes
If you want to get stuck into War Mode, you’re going to be restricted to playing on Sanhok (and our Sanhok guide is an essential resource if you’ve not a lot of experience with the latest map).
Players will be separated into ten teams of five per match but there are a few subtle differences about the firing modes that will be available on different servers.
Players in the EU, NA and AS regions will be able to queue up for both TPP [Third Person Perspective] and FPP [First Person Perspective].
In the KR / JP / SA/ SEA and OC server regions, only TPP will be available.
PUBG War Mode: Rules
Here’s a complete breakdown of the rule system for Sanhok’s War Mode event.
- When spawning, all players will receive a Shotgun, a Handgun, a Frag Grenade and bandages.
- Additional drops will appear every 110 seconds, and will provide DMRs, SRs and other goodies to give you an advantage.
- In order to win a match, a team must score 200 points and the first one to do so will emerge victorious.
- If no team has reached 200 points after 15 minutes then whichever team has the most points by then will be declared the winner.
- Teams gain three points for each elimination and one point for a knock.
- When players are killed, they will respawn in planes that appear every 30 seconds.
- There is no friendly fire during War Mode.
- Vehicles and typical world loot will not spawn while playing in the event.