Ranked system now available to test in-game.
The promised Ranked mode for Dota Underlords has been added to the closed beta of the game, ahead of the open beta which is expected to launch in the next few weeks.
The news was confirmed in an update on the game’s official site yesterday evening.
Eight ranks for the mode have been revealed so far. From lowest to highest, they look like this:
- Big Boss
You’ll be able to test out this ranking system during the beta period, but note that no progress will be carried over once the game enters official live status. It’ll even reset when open beta begins in an upcoming release.
Dota Underlords (@DotaUnderlords) 20 June 2019
Along with the news of the ranked system, a handful of further tweaks have been made to the game. Here’s what you need to know:
- Bot games: Fixed manual advance mode during non-Loot rounds.
- Unit outlines can now be turned back on via settings.
- Fixed end game screen not displaying total damage dealt.
- Fixed Round 1 not playing correctly on the client after you’ve played a bot match.
- Fixed Windranger and Keeper of the Light interrupting their abilities if their target died.
- Fixed Venomancer’s Ward growing legs and walking towards a friendly aura.
- Slightly smaller item icons during prepare phase on PC, with rank above item icons in case they overlap.
- Fixed selecting units from the bench not working reliably if you changed the default camera angle.
- Healthbars are now consistently sized across all resolutions.
- Notifications for Winning Streaks now have FX.
- Fixed AI pathfinding issues when traveling towards a friendly aura.
Dota Underlords is Valve’s official take on the Dota 2 Auto Chess mod that’s become increasingly popular over the last few months.
Expect updates to come thick and fast, not least due to the emergence of Riot’s own very popular take on the Auto Chess genre: Teamfight Tactics.