Realm Royale: How to get more Shards and spend them at the Forge
This Realm Royale page explains how to get more Shards in the game and spend them at the Forge to gain new Legendary abilities, weapons and armour items.
Realm Royale is the latest new take on the well-established Battle Royale formula, and sees 100 players do battle on a sprawling map in order to emerge victorious as the final winner. This is a game with a lot of fantasy flavour, however, and so provides something that feels really quite refreshingly different.
First you pick one of five classes in the game (Warriors, Mages, Hunters and so forth), and then you drop into battle and start scavening for weapons, armour, potions and abilities. If you’re struggling to find the gear you really want, however, then you can make use of a crafting device known as the Forge. To make items though, you’re going to need to get hold of currency items called Shards.
In this article, we’re going to run you through all of the currently know methods for getting hold of more Shards, so you can try your hand at crafting some random items. Who knows, you might even get an incredible powerful Legendary item out of the process – good luck!
How to farm Shards in Realm Royale
Farming Shards is actually a pretty simple process. As you roam the map, doing battle with other players and looting items, you’re going to amass a fair few items – from armour to weapons – that you really don’t need.
The good news is that you can disenchant these items into the Shard currency and so make them useful for the crafting process. All you have to do is find the item in your inventory, and then apply whatever button or key is bound to the disenchanting process.
Once the process has finished, the Shards will be added to your inventory and you’re free to make use of them at the Forge. A few things to keep in mind about this process, as it’s easy to make a slip-up.
- Although you’re under pressure to not fall foul to an ambush, do keep in mind that it’s worth spending a little bit of time making absolutely sure that you’re not actually destroying something that could be useful. Just take a moment to pause, check the item against what you’ve currently got equipped, and then turn it into cold, hard in-game cash when you’re sure it’s trash – relatively speaking, that is.
- Don’t expect to find a lot of loot lying around the floor in this game, as players are pretty ruthlessly obliterating everything they find and don’t need. Spare a thought for teammates in particular though, and consider making a call out in chat if you have something particularly tasty that will provide a bigger advantage to your team’s fortunes in the long-run.
- Guide – Our core Realm Royale guide containing all our detailed coverage – Realm Royale – Guide
- Best Class Tier List – Our ranking of the best classes to play in Realm Royale – Realm Royale – Best class tier list
- Map Guide – All the zones and Forge locations that you can find in the game – Realm Royale – Map guide (Forge locations and loot spots)
- Tips and Tricks – Our growing collecton of tips for winning more matches – Realm Royale – Tips, tricks and strategy advice
- Shards and Forges – How to get more Shards and spend them at the Forge – Realm Royale – How to get more Shards and spend them at the Forge
How to spend Shards at the Forge
So you’ve amassed a big juicy pile of Shards, but how exactly do you spend them in Realm Royale?
Say hello to the Forge. You’ll find these handy workshops located all over the map, and can almost always be found in a named location. They’re denoted by an anvil symbol, so you should have no trouble tracking down your nearest crafting spot.
Once you’ve arrived at the Forge, you simply hand over a certain amount of Shard currency to make a certain type of item. Just bear in mind that it can take up to a minute to actually make the items you want to make. That might not seem like a long time, but the Forge makes noise and smoke when active, which will in turn attract nearby enemy players to your location.
Here are the types of item you can craft at the Forge, the number of Shards you’ll need in each case, and how long each kind of crafting takes to complete:
- Health / Armour Potions – These take 30 seconds to craft and require 30 Shards each time.
- Armour – These cost 60 Shards and take 60 seconds to make. Note that the item you receive is completely random.
- Abilities – These Legendary items require 90 Shards and will take 60 seconds to build.
- Weapons – The most expensive Legendary Weapons require 120 Shards to make and will again take 60 seconds to cook up.
As we’ve mentioned in our core Realm Royale guide, do keep in mind that you can only have 200 Shards in your inventory at any given time. That means you should spend a few wherever possible – perhaps on a handful of potions just to free up some space.