Red Dead Redemption 2 – All Treasure Map locations and solutions guide (Jack Hall, Poisonous Trail, High Stakes)
A growing list of all treasure map locations and their solutions.
Our Red Dead Redemption 2 Treasure Map locations and solutions page explains where to find all Jack Hall, Poisonous Trail and High Stakes treasure maps across the world.
Red Dead Redemptions 2’s home to lots of things, like a gorgeous landscape, an engrossing storyline and many people to shoot in the face with a revolver. Of course, it wouldn’t be a rootin’ tootin’ cowboy adventure without one classic component – finding and solving treasure maps.
We’re going to keep this page nice and simple. First we’ll outline what sort of treasure map is being broken down, then we’ll list all their locations and solutions just below.
Now that Red Dead 2’s been out for a little while, we’ve had time to list all of the treasure map solutions below. We’ll update this page if any secret maps turn up, but this page should have you covered for the time being!
All Le Tresir Des Morts Treasure Map Locations and Solutions
These treasure maps are only available to those who have pre-ordered the digital version or own the Special/Ultimate Edition of the game.
This means it is not available to those who have pre-ordered a physical copy of the game.
- Treasure Map 1: Go to the burned out settlement southwest of Horseshoe Overlook. Go inside the small jailhouse that’s still standing and you’ll notice the map next to one of the corpses.
- Treasure Map 2: This map is found in the Saint Denis docks. It’s hidden in an underground pasage connecting Cornwall Freight Station’s yard to the harbor. Examine the wall next to the only wooden crate in the passageway.
- Final Treasure: The treasure is lcated in the Saint Denis cemetery. It’s stashed inside the mausoleum with a stained-glass window, to the west of the central dome. Head inside and inspect the wall on your left. This will uncover a secret hole and grant you a whopping 5 gold bars.
This video by xTGE outlines all of their locations clearly, so do make sure you give it a watch as it’s extremely helpful.
All High Stakes Treasure Map Locations and Solutions
To gain access to High Stakes treasure maps, you’ll need to complete the Chapter 3 mission “The New South”. Once this mission is complete, a treasure hunter NPC will appear randomly on the map. Manage to capture and steal the map off him and you’ll kickstart the treasure hunt.
- Where to find the Treasure Hunter: There are multiple spawn points for the random stranger once you’ve completed the Chapter 3 mission “The New South”. It seems that he’ll appear along much of the land stretching between West Eliz and New Hanover.
- Treasure Map 1: Head over to Cumberland Falls. Skirt along the makeshift ledge that leads into the waterfall and proceed inside. Once you’re in, the treasure map is hidden right between two large rocks directly ahead.
- Treasure Map 2: The North Eastern area of Barrow Lagoon. Look at this location on your map and you’ll notice a large rock formation in the North East side. The treasure map can be found hidden inside the centre of a makeshift log bridge at the very eastern tip of this rock formation.
- Treasure Map 3: Sandwiched right between Fort Wallace and Bacchus Station. Approach Bacchus Station from Fort Wallace and head towards clamber up a hillside until you reach the ravine bisecting the two locations. Turn to your left and there should be a path that runs along the cliff edge, follow it along, platform your way down, keep moving left and you’ll reach a point where there’s an overhang next to a dead end. Search the crack in the overhang for the final treasure map.
Make sure you watch this video by HarryNinetyFour as it contains a walkthrough for finding all of these treasure maps. Consider giving the video a thumbs up and subscribing if you want more helpful content like this too!
All Jack Hall Treasure Map Locations and Solutions
- Where to find Treasure Map 1: There’s a stranger overlooking the cliffside to the West of Latneck Station and North East of Bard’s Crossing. For further reference, he’s near the fork in the road which leads up to Caliban’s Seat.
- Treasure Map 1 Location: Towards the North East side of Caliban’s Seat there’s a distinctive hill pocked with trees. Head all the way up to the top, proceed forwards and hug the right side. Eventually you’ll come across an obvious slope leading downwards and a path that runs along the cliff edge. Follow it, being careful to jump and climb your way to the end. Once you can’t go any further, look down to your left and you’ll notice a small crevice. Interact with it and that’s the first map down!
- Treasure Map 2 Location: Head to the West side of the road that runs along the top of Cotorra Springs. Move inwards towards the south a little so you’re not directly on the path, but running along the grass instead. Slowly loop around and keep an eye out for a curious formation of stacked stones. There’s one that’s got a particularly large, wide and flat rock resting on top (if in doubt, check them all). Simply circle it and you’ll spot a small opening where the treasure can be found.
- Treasure Map 3 Location: Essentially right in the middle of O’Creagh’s Run, just above the “e” in “Creagh’s”. Swim over to the little island and you’ll notice it’s split by a little flat section, on the South side. There’s a loose rock here where the treasure is hiding.
Thanks to HarryNinetyFour for the video. It’s well worth a watch and does an excellent job of showing where all the locations and solutions are. Don’t forget to subscribe to his channel for more content like this.
All Poisonous Trail Treasure Map Locations and Solutions
- Where to find Treasure Map 1: Head on over to the cabin at Cairn Lake to start the Treasure Hunt.
- Treasure Map 1 Location: On the South East side of Facu Rock, West of Ringneck Creek. Head up the slope and look out for a rotten log. There’s a tree right here, loop round it and you’ll find the treasure tucked away at the bottom of the trunk.
- Treasure Map 2 Location: West of Van Horn Trading Post. It’s in the middle of a field with a strange, man-made stone formation that resembles an eye. Loot the “iris” to grab the treasure.
- Treasure Map 3 Location: North side of Elysian Pool. Head into the waterfall, follow the path inside and look down to your right as it starts getting darker. There will be a path leading downwards towards a tiny tunnel. Follow it all the way in, head left once you reach a platform edge, keep following the path down, into a pool of water and climb up the ledge. The treasure is stashed in a pile of rocks just here.
Video by HarryNinetyFour. Do give the video a thumbs up and consider subscribing if you found it useful.