Everything we currently know about the upcoming Battle Royale mode.
Our Red Dead Redemption 2 Online Make it Count guide explains how the mode works and will be updated with tips and strategy advice soon.
It was always likely that Rockstar would want to inject just a little of the Battle Royale flavour into its monster hit Red Dead Redemption 2, and thanks to some clever data-mining by the playerbase it looks as though we have our first details of the mode.
Named Make It Count, RDR2’s Battle Royale mode appears to be a 32 player based affair (so significantly scaled down from the usual 100 or so players), where the last player alive wins. You only have access to a certain number of weapons while playing and there is, apparently, a shrinking playable area to ensure no-one camps it out.
Once the mode actually goes live we’ll have tips on how to thrive and survive in Make It Count, but for now here’s a complete overview of everything – we think! – we know about the mode.
- Players – 32 players will be able to do battle against one another.
- Weapons – There will be limited offensive options as part of the rolling playlist. Throwing knives / bow and arrows are mentioned.
- Locations – It looks as though the location of the battle will change over time. Locations include Stillwater Creek, Saint Denis Plantation, Strawberry and Tall Trees.
SOURCE – illogicalMods
The following descriptions have also been revealed:
A true test of resourcefulness: Use nothing but a handful of throwing knives to be the last one standing. With a gradually shrinking player area, there’s nowhere to run.
Bow and Arrow
A true test of resourcefulness: Use nothing but a bow and a handful of arrows to be the last one standing. With a gradually shrinking player area, there’s nowhere to run.
Red Dead Redemption 2’s online beta begins rolling out a little later on today, but it’s a staggered affair and access is determined by when you began playing the vanilla game:
- Tuesday 27th November – Owners of the Ultimate Edition
- Wednesday 28th November – Those who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on release day
- Thursday 29th November – Those who played the game within the first three days of launch
- Friday 30th November – All owners of the game
The start time for each phase, on each day, is 5:30am PT / 8:30am ET / 1:30pm GMT / 2:30pm CET.