How the Skill Rating system will work in Season 5 of Overwatch.
On this page, you’ll find details of how the Overwatch Season 5 Skill Rating and ranking systems will work.
Season 5 of Overwatch will be getting under way in just a few weeks from now (the launch is currently defined as “on or around June 1st”), and we’ve not been given any indication that there’ll be further changes made to the Skill Rating system.
For the uninitiated, this is the system that determines where you place in the game’s various ranks, the details of which you can find in a table just a little further down the page. If you’ve taken a significant break from the game, it’s worth highlighting some of the changes that were made the last time around:
– If your Skill Rating is higher than 3000, then you will have to complete a minimum of seven games each week, otherwise you’ll be subject to the rating decay system.
– When you finish a match, the time until the decay would otherwise begin is delayed by 24 hours. You shouldn’t feel enslaved to playing the game every day though, as these postponements stack with each other. This means you can sit down and play all seven games in one setting, and then not play for another week if you don’t want to.
– Another change was introduced to make it harder for players to tank their rating and enjoy beating up the little guys. Not only is it much harder to hit the lowest and highest ends of the ladder, if you dip below a rating of 500 you’ll no longer be able to see its current level.
– Those who finish in the top 500 receive a special animated spray and player icon. You can’t just hit 500 once and then retire for the season if you want these items though – you’ll have to be sitting in the Top 500 when the season actually ends.
All of our Season 5 coverage:
- 1. Guide – Overwatch: Season 5 guide
- 2. Start Times – Overwatch: Season 5 start times – US, UK and Europe
- 3. Skill Ratings & Ranks- Overwatch: Season 5 Skill Ratings & Ranks
- 4. Rewards – Overwatch: Season 5 rewards
- 5. Solo Queue – Overwatch: Best Heroes for Solo Queuing in Season 5
Those are the basics of what’s changed in recent months then. Although it’s possible that Blizzard will make changes to the way the Season 5 rankings work, we’re presenting the current season’s table for you. We’ve also thrown in a gallery just afterwards which highlights all those lovely golden guns you’ve been saving your Competitive Points up for!
|Season 5 Rank||Points||Rewards (CP)|