How to migrate your PC account to Nintendo Switch.
This page will walk you through how to migrate your Warframe account to Switch and detail everything you need to know about account migration process too.
Warframe has arrived on the Nintendo Switch, which means that you can now take your alien ninja antics on the go. For many players, it’s a chance to jump into the super popular grind fest for the first time and get levelling. For existing players on PC, there may not be the same drive to start all over again. If you fall into this category, you’re in luck.
If you’re on PC, you can migrate your Warframe account to your Switch. This means you carry over all your progress, and get straight into the action without losing thousands of hours worth of gear.
As with all account based shenanigans, it can be quite a finicky process. To help you out, we’ve put together a quick walkthrough on how to migrate your account from PC to Switch, and included a few details to take note of too.
Before we start
Here are a few things to note before we get into the walkthrough itself:
- You can only perform account migration once, and it cannot be reversed!
- You can only transfer accounts from PC to Switch. PS4 and Xbox One players will not be able to do so.
- Once you’ve migrated accounts, you will have two accounts: one on PC and one on Switch. While progress carries over initially, you won’t share progress between thereafter.
- If you started a character on Switch before migration, this progress will be overwritten once migration is complete.
- Any items purchased in-game with Platinum on Switch will be overwritten and the Platinum will be returned to your new migrated account. If you purchase an item with Credits on Switch, it will be overwritten by your PC account.
- If you purchased Platinum on PC, it won’t be transferred to your Switch account. Any items on PC which aren’t available on Switch will not be transferred.
- Clan information will not transfer from PC, so this means you’ll have to start or join a new clan on Switch.
- Friends lists on both PC and Switch will not be impacted by migration.
How to migrate your Warframe account from PC to Switch
Here’s how to get your accounts migrated:
- Download Warframe on your Switch and create a Warframe account.
- Authorize linking your account by accepting the prompt that appears when you boot up Warframe for the first time on your Switch.
- Login to your PC account via the official Warframe site.
- Go to the Account Management page within your account.
- Select “Migrate PC Account to Nintendo Switch” at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your PC Warframe password twice and hit “Confirm”.
- Sign in to your Nintendo account when prompted.
- Finally, enter the account credentials of the Nintendo Account your wish to migrate with and that’s the process complete.