The early bird gets the worm.
Early progress in Animal Crossing: New Horizons is gated by real time. If you’re super keen then, when should you be getting up for the start of a new day?
Maybe you’re desperate to donate your enormous pile of fish and bones to Blathers. Maybe you’re particularly looking forward to a new villager’s entry. Perhaps you just want to harvest more iron nuggets. Well, each day brings more opportunity in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
When do days begin in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?
If you’re waiting for the local raccoons to finish building your house, you’ll have to stick around. The day in Animal Crossing: New Horizons starts at 5am. At 5 o’ clock in the morning, you’ll get Tom Nook’s signature town announcement if you’re up and about by then.
If you’re up at 5 and not seeing a lot of action, try going in and out of a building or saving and quitting back to the main menu – Nook probably just needs a minute to get himself together.
5am will refresh all the daily activities in your town, including the wood available to chop from your trees, the rocks available to whack for resources, and orders you’ve placed from Nook Shopping.
Nook’s Cranny still won’t open until 8 though.
More essential Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides
- 1. Nook Miles – Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to get Nook Miles fast
- 2. Bells – Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to get Bells quickly
- 3. Reset Island – Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to reset your island and delete your save
- 4. Play with friends – Animal Crossing New Horizons – How to play with friends
- 5. Daily Checklist – Animal Crossing New Horizons – Daily Checklist guide
We’ve got all sorts of Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides for you to sink your teeth into as well – check out our pages on how to earn Bells and Nook Miles quickly for some top tips on the game’s economy!