Our essential starter guide to playing Dude Paladin in the Wild format.
Our Wild Dude Paladin deck list guide features the best deck list for Kobolds and Catacombs. Our Wild Dude Paladin guide also contains card combos and strategy tips.
Wild Dude Paladin is a Hearthstone deck that looks to field a fine board of minor Silver Hand Recruit minions, before using any number of buffing mechanisms to turn them into a significant – and often surprisingly stubborn – fighting force. It’s a deck that’s seen a lot of play in Standard recently, and so it’s no surprise to see a variant of it pop up on the Wild ladder too
You need quite a few Goblins vs Gnomes cards to make this deck really shine though, and so those of you who weren’t playing in the early years of Hearthstone might find it tricky to get started with. Still, if you have the cards to hand then this is a pretty solid way of making progress in the Wild format right now.
In our Wild Paladin guide we’ve got a snapshot of what we believe is the best deck list seeing play in the current meta (at the time of publication). We’ve also included a breakdown of all the biggest combos contained within it. That should be enough to get you off to a good start, although we’ll update this guide further if it proves popular on the site.
If you’ve any questions about playing this deck, let us know in the comments and we’ll do our best to help you out.
If you’re here for the latest special event to hit Hearthstone, make sure you check out our guide to the best Wild Brawliseum decks in Hearthstone. It’s got something to suit every hero preference!
Wild Dude Paladin
|2 x Lost in the Jungle||UNG||1 x Annoy-o-Tron||GVG|
|2 x Righteous Protector||KFT||2 x Knife Juggler|
|2 x Drygulch Jailor||KAC||1 x Loatheb||NAX|
|2 x Equality|
|2 x Shielded Minibot||GVG|
|2 x Muster for Battle||GVG|
|2 x Rallying Blade||TOG|
|2 x Steward of Darkshire||TOG|
|2 x Call to Arms||KAC|
|1 x Consecration|
|2 x Lightfused Stegodon||UNG|
|2 x Quartermaster||GVG|
|2 x Crystal Lion||KAC|
|1 x Sunkeeper Tarim||UNG|
Deck Import ID: AAEBAZ8FBIUQ3AP6DrnBAg24xwLjywK35wL0BbEI6g/tD9muAv+vAvjSAtnHAuwPieYCAA==
Let’s take a look at all of the core combos you have at your disposal with this particular version of Wild Dude Paladin. It’s important you understand how to power up those little guys, so here are the biggest plays you can make:
– If you need to clear the board down, Equality followed by Consecration is the Paladin’s classic AOE combo. Just be aware that your own minions are affected by Equality as well, so you want to apply your buffs after making this move.
– Rallying Blade is an amazing weapon that grants all of your Divine Shield minions an extra + 1 / + 1 of stats each. Minions that possess this bonus effect in their vanilla forms are Righteous Protector, Shielded Minibot and Annoy-o-Tron. Don’t forget though that other minions can gain their bubble through cards like Steward of Darkshire and Lightfused Stegodon.
– Call to Arms will grab three remaining minions from your deck that cost two Mana or less, and throw them straight onto the board. The potential targets in this deck are: Righteous Protector, Drygulch Jailor, Shielded Minibot, Annoy-o-Tron and Knife Juggler.
– Once Steward of Darkshire is out in play, any minions you summon that have one Health are granted the Divine Shield buff. Your Hero Power 1 / 1 minions are included in this process.
– Quartermaster instantly grants every Silver Hand Recruit on the board an extra + 2 / + 2 of stats. In metas gone by the classic move was to play Muster for Battle and Quartermaster on Turn 8 for an instant late-game fighting force.
More great Wild decks:
- 1. Wild Giants Warlock – Wild Giants Warlock deck list guide
- 2. Wild Big Priest – Wild Big Priest deck list guide
- 3. Wild Cubelock – Wild Cubelock deck list guide
- 4. Wild Reno Priest – Wild Reno Priest deck list guide
- 5. Wild Aggro Paladin – Wild Aggro Paladin deck list guide
- 6. Wild Secret Mage – Wild Secret Mage deck list guide
- 7. Wild Dude Paladin – Wild Dude Paladin deck list guide
- 8. Wild Dragon Priest – Wild Dragon Priest deck list guide
– For each Silver Hand Recruit you have in play, Crystal Lion becomes one Mana cheaper. Plan ahead carefully to make sure you get the most out of your available Mana on any given turn. Sometimes you can field more than you might have realised at first glance.
– Sunkeeper Tarim transforms every minion – friendly or enemy – into a 3 / 3 version of itself. This is great for equalising the board, boosting your own minions, or just bringing a problematic minion down to size. You ideally want to make this move before applying any other buffs though, otherwise they’ll go to waste.
– Once you’ve put Knife Juggler out onto the board, every subsequently summoned minion will cause the Juggler to throw a point of damage at a random enemy target. Try to get this damage to play out before doing anything else on your turn, as you may end up getting a few freebie kills that change your play that turn.
– Try to use Loatheb strategically, and ahead of an anticipated board clear from the opponent. Once you’ve lost the board with this deck it can be tricky to get it back, but Loatheb will often let whatever’s on the board this turn do it’s damage all over again on the next turn – assuming the opponent doesn’t drop a big taunt in the way.
– You can use Lightfused Stegodon to put all of your currently active Silver Hand Recruits through the Adapt process. You’ll need to choose one of three mass-applied buffs that are selected at random from the following overall pool:
|Crackling Shield||Divine Shield|
|Flaming Claws||+3 Attack|
|Liquid Membrane||Can’t be targeted by spells or Hero Powers|
|Living Spores||Deathrattle: Summon two 1/1 Plants|
|Rocky Carapace||+3 Health|
|Shrouding Mist||Stealth until your next turn|
|Volcanic Might||+1 / +1 stats|