Two new locations to do battle in.
Zoo and Abbey have been added to the competitive matchmaking map pool in CS:GO’s latest update.
Abbey is a brand new map set in a Mediterranean village, while Zoo returns to the game after a three year hiatus.
Abbey is somewhat reminiscent of Inferno, with its lazy, sun streaked atmosphere and mixture of long corridors, open spaces and vertical spots to lock down.
Zoo’s a fan favourite and it’s easy to see why. There’s something very refreshing about doing battle in an aquarium, before rattling off shots outside a lion enclosure.
Here’s a look at both of the maps:
Alongside both these new maps comes a slew of tweaks to make them match ready. Below we’ve listed all the changes.
- Visual updates overall to match present standards
- Replaced SWAT with FBI
- Reduced the amount of corners/spots at B site
- Removed glow effects from wall mounted fixtures to prevent smoke exploits
- Replaced foliage at interior lower mid to improve sightlines
- Raised ceiling in connector between T spawn and A mid
- Moved swinging tire out of the way of sightlines
- Increased infographics’ resolution
- Removed dead guy at T spawn
- Disabled collision on some foliage
- Fixed minor visual glitches
- Opened mid skybox allowing T’s to throw grenades from river area
- Opened mid skybox allowing players to throw grenades from A bombsites
- Opened A skybox allowing T’s to throw grenades from right alley
- Replaced window model with wider one in library (T’s side of middle)
- Added block bullets brushes in some places to prevent full penetration
- Removed bomb stuck spots
- Enabled collision on window models
- Reduced size of clip brushes in some places
- Added missing overlays
- Fixed various clipping issues
- Added new 3d skybox
- Removed tiny mountain
- Added some color to the map
- Added building on mid
For everything introduced with the latest patch, head over to CS:GO’s official blog post.