Get an early look at the game before its November launch.
It has been confirmed overnight that Artifact will be released on November 28th 2018.
Ahead of launch, players will also be able to go hands-on with Valve’s Dota-inspired card game at this year’s PAX West event which starts at the end of this month.
News of the game’s appearance at PAX West was confirmed by the official Artifact Twitter account late yesterday evening. The Seattle-based event runs from August 31st – September 3rd.
Artifact will be playable by attendees at PAX West, August 31 – Sep 3, in Seattle, WA. Come pick a fight and be one of the first to play the game! pic.twitter.com/GsvZq0W4Au
Artifact (@PlayArtifact) 1 August 2018
Rumours of a release date and $20 price tag came courtesy of Geoff Keighley, with official confirmation and further detail coming straight from Valve shortly afterwards.
Valve’s Artifact is coming to Steam on November 28 for $20, and will be playable for fans at @Official_PAX
Geoff Keighley (@geoffkeighley) 1 August 2018
Here’s an overview of what’s been confirmed for launch:
- Artifact will be released on November 28th 2018.
- The base game will cost $20.
- Supported platforms at launch are Windows, Mac and Linux, with iOS and Android platform support coming in 2019.
- 280 cards will be available for the game at launch, and your $20 entry fee grants access to 228 of them.
- Within that card pool you’ll have access to two core decks, which contain five heroes, a number of items and 40 more cards.
- You’ll also receive 10 booster packs of 12 randomly chosen cards, with addition booster packs available for $2 each.
Valve’s take on the CCG genre sees players fighting across three game boards simultaneously, with players working through each board in turn before moving onto the next one. Players compete to take down towers on each board, reveal each other’s Ancient by doing so, and destroy it to win the match.
You can find out more about the game over at our dedicated Artifact guide, which has the lowdown on all the heroes, cards and mechanics that will feature at launch.