New Hero Ana now packs faster fire and a bigger clip.
A new patch has just landed for the PC version of Overwatch, one which buffs both Ana and McCree. Ana is, of course, the latest Hero to be added to the game and fulfils a sniper Support role, while the recently nerfed McCree was clearly proving to be just a little underwhelming post-nerf.
Specifically, the rate of fire of Ana’s Biotic Rifle has been increased by 20%, while the size of her weapon’s magazine has increased to 10, up from 8.
The falloff range of McCree’s Peacemaker Primary Fire has been reduced by 10m, while the rate of fire of his Alternate Fire has been increased by 15%. Additionally, the recovery time of McCree’s Flashbang ability has been reduced to 0.35s, down from the previous 0.5 seconds.
As well as these core Hero rebalancing efforts, a handful of bug fixes round out the latest patch. You can read the full patch notes below:
Latest Ana buffs
- Rate of fire increased by 20%
- Magazine size increased from 8 to 10
Developer comments: While Ana has been very well received, she was showing to be a little bit weaker overall. In addition to helping her feel better to play, these changes should also increase her healing and damage output.
Latest McCree buffs
- Damage falloff range decreased by 10 meters
- Damage falloff amount is unchanged
- As a result, even with this change, McCree’s effective range is still higher than it was at launch
- Rate of fire increased by 15%
- Recovery time (ie the amount of time before McCree can fire again) decreased from 0.5 seconds to 0.35 seconds
Developer comments: McCree’s latest range increase helped him quite a bit, but it was a bit too much in the right hands. This change weakens his long range damage somewhat, but still keeps it stronger than it has been in the recent past. The other changes combine to allow him to land more alternate fire shots on targets that he has hit with Flashbang.
Latest bug fixes
- Targets of Ana’s Sleep Dart will no longer instantly recover when damaged (recovery time is now 0.5 seconds)
- Fixed UI compatability issues for ATI cards
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause Lucio, Mei, and other models to only partially render (or disappear)