For the run-and-gun fans out there.
The MP5 is up there with the best SMGs in the game. It’s super speedy to handle, has a fast fire rate, and ludicrous damage up close. Here’s how to make the most of it.
With all the constant changes to both Modern Warfare and Warzone, it’s hard to get a specific class .
Best MP5 Class for Warzone
We’ve put together this class for Warzone when you want that super-powerful SMG on deck. It doesn’t run Overkill and a sniper rifle, because Ghost is such a powerful late-game perk and you can ideally get yourself two primary weapons earlier in the game with an Overkill loadout drop before just picking up your other weapon when you grab this MP5 loadout.
Here’s what you’ll need to destroy your enemies with the MP5:
Primary weapon: MP5
The MP5 is unlocked immediately, as soon as you boot up the game. You’ll need to grind a bit to get the best attachments, but once you have them, your enemies will be falling to the ground at close quarters. Here’s our favourite attachments to use with this gun:
- Barrel – Subsonic Integral Suppressor. This thing will keep you off the radar, which is extremely important in both Multiplayer and Warzone. You’ll also be able to aim down your sights quicker and have no visible tracers to your bullets. The only downside is a lower bullet velocity, which is barely noticeable in close-range engagements.
- Stock – FTAC Collapsible. This speedy piece of gear improves your weapon’s handling, boosting your aim-down-sights (ADS) speed as well as your general movement speed. You’ll have to be a bit smarter with your recoil control with it, but the mobility makes it so worth it.
- Rear Grip – Stippled Grip Tape. Again, ADS speed is vital. This piece of kit improves this as well as the speed at which you go from sprinting to shooting, further enabling you to run around and rush down foes.
- Ammunition – 45 Round Mags. In Warzone especially, you want to have as many bullets at your disposal as possible because of increased time-to-kill, so the 45 round mags are brilliant to use. It’s not as necessary in normal Multiplayer modes though, so you could always substitute the 45 round mags for an Optic of your choice.
- Underbarrel – Commando Foregrip. Since a bunch of your other attachments cause your accuracy to decrease, the Commando Foregrip goes a decent way to mitigating it. You’ll have slightly less recoil in return for a little decrease in movement speed, but your character will still be extremely fast.
The perfect kit is hard to pinpoint, and everyone’s going to prefer certain attachments over others, so we’d recommend mixing and matching until you find something that suits you. Attachments like optics are very subjective, so it’s worth testing them all out if you want.
Secondary weapon: RPG-7
You’re often going to be getting rid of your secondary in Warzone when you get the drop, since you’ll ideally have another primary weapon to use, but if not the RPG-7 is a great option, hitting for huge damage on enemies in buildings and in vehicles.
Here’s our favourite perks to use with this class:
- E.O.D. – explosive and fire damage is extremely problematic in both Warzone and Multiplayer, and E.O.D. saves your skin more than you realise.
- Ghost – UAVs in the final circle of Warzone are often likely to be the difference maker, so if your team has Ghost you’ll be able to stay hidden from foes much more easily, giving you a huge advantage.
- Amped – switching weapons quickly is extremely important in Warzone and Multiplayer. This works great with the RPG-7, but it’ll also improve your weapon swap time to whatever primary weapon you have on you too.
Lethals are hard to decide on. It’s often more based on personal preference. We really like the Thermite in both Warzone and Multiplayer, but a lot of top players make fantastic use of the C4 thanks to its enormous vehicle damage.
Your Tactical Equipment depends on your mode. In Warzone, a Heartbeat Sensor is vital, as it gives you the location of enemies without Ghost in the nearby area. In Multiplayer, we prefer the Stim, as it lets you swiftly heal and get back into the fight with your high-powered SMG.