Everything you need to know about the Milestone system in Destiny 2.
Our Destiny 2: Milestones guide contains everything you need to know on how these weekly challenges work.
Destiny 2’s Milestones are a very important part of levelling your Guardian above Power Level 260, something that’s required if you’re to be allowed to enjoy the very best end-game content, where the very best equipment awaits you. How do Milestones actually work though?
Although there are Daily Challenges to get stuck into, the bulk of your efforts here are going to be spent completing the Weekly Milestones. These challenges are spread across a wide variety of activities and touch on just about every bit of end-game content available in the game.
Once you’ve reached the end-game, these Weekly Milestones will be one of the main reasons you’ll be logging in. Completing them rewards you with loot that can elevate your Power Level dramatically and it’s an addictive process grinding them all to 100% and cracking open a horde of special Luminous Engrams.
Our most popular Destiny 2 guides:
Weekly Milestones: An Overview
Below we’ve put together a very simple breakdown of how these challenges work.
- Weekly Milestones reset every Tuesday at 10:00AM BST, that’s 02:00AM PT.
- You’ll be tasked with completing a range of activities, everything from beating the Leviathan Raid to tackling a few Public Events on a designated planet.
- You can see what Milestones you’ve got to complete by opening up your Director and holding down [L2].
- Milestones like Shaxx’s Call to Arms and Cayde’s Flashpoints require you to complete multiple runs of the same activity. The Leviathan Raid Milestone on the other hand, only needs to be beaten once.
- Completing a Milestone will reward you with Powerful Gear, in other words, a Luminous Engram that’ll grant you gear much higher than your current Power Level. All you have to do is go back to the Tower and speak to the NPC highlighted on your map.
- Milestones cannot be repeated, so once you’ve earned that Luminous Engram you’ll have to wait another week for a chance to bag another.
Daily and Weekly Milestone activities
Here’s a list of every weekly Milestone you’ll be tasked with in game.
– Flashpoints – These task you with completing a number of Public Events on a certain planet. Beating normal public events will net you less progress towards your Milestone than a Heroic, so it’s worth learning the triggers and ensuring you’re activating Heroics as much as possible to get it done quick.
– Nightfall – Nightfalls are tougher versions of regular Strikes, and the challenge at hand is rotated on a week by week basis to keep things fresh. A handful of encounter modifiers drastically alter the way things play out in these group challenges, but if you can overcome the increased difficulty you’ll receive much better gear than you’d otherwise receive from a regular Strike. Check out our Strikes guide page for strategies for beating the lot.
– Crucible: Call to Arms – All you have to do is play enough games in any Crucible mode to build up your progress. Perform well in your matches and you’ll bump up your Milestone percentage even more. The good news is that level differences are disabled here, putting everyone on an equal footing. Our Crucible PVP guide will also give you an advantage in this regard.
– Leviathan – This features a simple premise but it’s really tough to pull off. You’ll need to complete the Leviathan Raid on any difficulty and you’ll earn the Milestone reward.
– Clan XP – Think of this Milestone as an added extra that ticks along while you’re completing all the rest. For every match or activity that you complete, you’ll earn +500 Clan XP. Once you’ve contributed +5000 XP to your Clan (completion of 10 activities), that’s this Milestone done and dusted. Simply head over to Hawthorne at the Tower to claim your reward.