Everything we know so far about the new PVP map coming with Curse of Osiris.
Our Destiny 2: Pacifica guide contains everything you need to know about this map, including tips, tricks and strategy advice to help dominate your opponents.
With the arrival of Destiny 2’s first expansion the Curse of Osiris comes a brand new PVP map, set atop one of Titan’s towering ocean rigs.
Imagine you’re fighting other Guardians on Titan and you’ve already got the gist of Pacifica. It’s a complex network of tunnels, ramps and alleyways which makes this map a frenzy of activity, and rewards those who carefully master its many ins and outs.
Currently we’re armed with very limited information, so the first iteration of our guide will be focused on the gameplay footage we’ve seen. Once it’s playable, we’ll completely overhaul this guide with some in-depth strategy advice, so do make sure you bookmark this page if you want to get ahead of the competition!
(If you want to be the best at every area of the game, don’t forget to bookmark our PVP, Campaign walkthrough and Subclass guide pages – they’ve got everything you need if you want to get more out of Destiny 2, and will be continuously updated in the weeks ahead.)
Below we’ve put together a few basic strategies based off the gameplay footage we’ve seen. We’ll continuously update this section when we get some hands on time with Pacifica, so stay tuned for more very soon.
- As Pacifica is set on top of an enormous ocean rig, we’re certain that it’ll be a map that’s heavily centered around platforming. Whether or not this’ll lend itself to a decent PVP experience is only something we’ll find out once we’ve played it ourselves.
- Throughout Pacifica there’s plenty of cover you can utilise, so make sure you make the most of it.
- The Tractor Cannon exotic shotgun fires a pulse of energy that jolts enemies forwards and we reckon Pacifica could be the map which provides the most opportunities to blast opponents off the map. Is this it’s time to shine?
- As there are a tonne of ramps, tunnels and twists on Pacifica we recommend utilising these to your advantage by finding ways to flank around your enemies. What’s more, it’s a great idea to use these areas to hide yourself away if you’re injured.
- We highly recommend running together as a squad and focusing down the same targets. As Pacifica’s quite a close knit map, you’ll be able to lockdown your enemies even faster and they’ll find it even tougher to escape your clutches.
- Close range weapons work wonders on Pacifica as one on one duels tend to happen frequently in it’s small corridors and cramped spaces. Pack a Sidearm, Shotgun, Sword or Submachine gun and you’re going to have a blast.
Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris guides
- 1. Curse of Osiris – Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris guide
- 2. Pacifica – Destiny 2: Pacifica guide
- 3. Wormhaven – Destiny 2: Wormhaven guide
- 4. Radiant Cliffs – Destiny 2: Radiant Cliffs guide
- 5. A Garden World – Destiny 2: A Garden World guide
- 6. Tree of Possibilities – Destiny 2: Tree of Possibilities guide
- 7. Mercury – Destiny 2: Mercury guide
- 8. Infinite Forest – Destiny 2: Infinite Forest guide
- 9. Lost Prophecies – Destiny 2: Lost Prophecy guide
- 10. Heroic Strikes – Destiny 2: Heroic Strike guide
That’s all we’ve got for now, but as soon as we learn more about this map we’ll completely overhaul this guide with a full set of tips and tricks – so stay tuned for more very soon!