Everything you need to know about this new weapon.
Our Fortnite Battle Royale Infinity Blade guide contains rarity details, damage stats, tips for using it and information on finding the new weapon.
You might be surprised to hear that the latest weapon to hit Fortnite isn’t a gun, but a sword instead. It’s not just any sword, it’s the “Infinity Blade”, and it’s almost certainly one of the most powerful items in the game.
Remember that Thanos crossover event? You could turn into the big purple guy, leap huge distances, destroy buildings easily and generally annihilate everyone and everything? Well, the Infinity Blade effectively allows you to achieve the same thing.
Below we’ve put together everything you need to know about this new weapon, and there’s more to digest than usual this time around.
Infinity Blade: Everything you need to know
Here’s a breakdown of what the Infinity Blade is capable of:
- This Mythic melee weapon can be found on Polar Peak.
- Primary Fire delivers a powerful sword slash. It deals big damage to enemies and destroys structures in one blow (75 damage to players).
- Alternate Fire allows the player to leap great distances, destroying objects in its path.
- Upon landing, it delivers damage and a knock-up to nearby players (25 damage).
- The first player to pull the Infinity Blade from its pedestal will be instantly healed to full Health and Shields.
- If a player picks up the Infinity Blade, all other inventory items aside from building materials will be dropped.
- When the wielder of the Infinity Blade picks up an item (aside from building materials), the Infinity Blade will be dropped.
- The Infinity Blade will be dropped when the wielder is knocked out or eliminated.
- Only one Infinity Blade will appear per match.
The wielder of the sword is also granted additional abilities:
- An increased pool of max Health and Shields (200 Health/200 Shields).
- Regeneration of effective Health over time up to max Health and Shields (1 HP per second).
- An instant burst of effective Health upon elimination of an enemy (50 HP).
- Increased movement speed (130%).
Fortnite News – fnbr.news (@FortniteBR) December 11, 2018
Tips and Tricks
- You can use the sword’s leap ability to get around the map efficiently. You’ll also demolish anything standing in your way, so it’s also great for overwhelming enemies hiding away in buildings.
- Be wary of getting up close and personal with enemies wielding shotguns and SMGs. The Infinity Blade takes a couple of swings to down an enemy, but a choice shot to the head or spraydown from a gun will eliminate you in an instant. Make absolutely sure you’re able to get the first hit in when tackling someone head on!
- Use the leap ability to close ground, confuse your enemy or flee the scene.