A handy resource for the control systems used on all three platforms.
Our Fortnite: Battle Royale controls page for PC, PS4 and Xbox One contains all the control schemes and bindings for all platforms.
Fortnite’s a game filled with controls, more so than most games out there. If you’re someone who wants to know exactly what each button press and trigger pull entails, look no further than the sections below.
If you own the game and want to get off to a flying start, no matter if you’re holding a controller or using mouse and keyboard, we’ve listed all the control schemes, as well as few rebinding tips too.
When you’re done here, make sure you check out our main Fortnite: Battle Royale guide, our tips for gearing up and finding loot quickly, and even our guide to gettings the best performance on your system!
- Up, Down, Left, Right – WASD
- Cursor Mode – Left Alt/Right Alt
- Jump – Space Bar
- Fire – Left Mouse Button
- Aim Down Sight (ADS) – Right Mouse Button
- Reload – R
- Use – E
- Trap Equip/Picker – T
- Building Edit – G
- Repair/Upgrade – F
- Rotate Building – R
- Sprint – Left Shift
- Change Building Material – Right Mouse Button
- Reset Building Edit – Right Mouse Button
- Weapons Slots – 1, 2, 3, 4
- Ability Slots – 5, 6, 7
- Gadget Slots – 8, 9
- Building Slots – F1, F2, F3, F4
- Trap Slot – F5
- Switch Quickbar – Q
- Slot Up – Mouse Wheel Down
- Slot Down – Mouse Wheel Down
- Chat – Enter
- Quick Chat Message – B
- Place a Note – N
- Spot Target – Middle Mouse Button
- Selected Building Type – V
- Toggle Map – M
- Toggle Inventory – I
- Skip Cutscene – Space Bar
- Resurrect – Left Mouse Button
- Respawn – Right Mouse Button
- Crouch – Left Ctrl
- Push To Talk – Y
We’d recommend rebinding ‘Building Option 2’ and ‘Building Option 3’ to F and V respectively as this’ll make building so much faster. You can bind them to other keys too of course, just make sure you’re comfortable using them!
That’s it for this guide, but make sure you have a root around our site for more Fortnite goodness!