Guardian Druid deck list guide – Scholomance Academy – Hearthstone (August 2020)
If anyone has a Guardian Ape reference, make it here.
Our Guardian Druid deck list guide features the best Scholomance Academy deck list for Season 77 of Hearthstone (August 2020). Our Guardian Druid guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
Guardian Druid came about as a new deck in Scholomance Academy, built around the Guardian Animals card. This 7 mana spell lets you summon two Beasts from your deck that cost 5 mana or less, and give them Rush.
This sounds situational, but given the amount of powerful 5 mana Beasts, Guardian Animals is a great card to build a deck around. Lake Thresher, Teacher’s Pet, and Twilight Runner are the champs here, offering AOE damage, Taunt, and card draw respectively. This combination, along with Survival of the Fittest and Kael’thas Sunstrider give Guardian Druid a lot of ways to deal big damage.
Guardian Druid deck list and strategy
Here is the best version of Guardian Druid available to play in Hearthstone right now.
|2 x Innervate||1 x Speaker Gidra|
|2 x Lightning Bloom||1 x Lake Thresher|
|2 x Crystal Power||1 x Kael’thas Sunstrider|
|2 x Nature Studies|
|2 x Ironbark|
|2 x Bogbeam|
|2 x Overgrowth|
|2 x Twilight Runner|
|2 x Anubisath Defender|
|2 x Teacher’s Pet|
|2 x Guardian Animals|
|2 x Overflow|
|1 x Ysera, Unleashed|
|2 x Survival of the Fittest|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAZICBPatA666A/XOA7zQAw3+AbmUA++iA9ulA+i6A+y6A+66A5LNA5vOA7rQA5PRA97RA/DUAwA=
Guardian Druid is a fun one to pilot. It’s centred around drawing out your big plays in the mid-game, but you can survive and overwhelm your enemy late on with the various spells and buffs available in this deck. In particular, Survival of the Fittest is an absolute banger and can carry you to victory with giant minions and a huge amount of longevity.
Early game: Survive at first. You don’t have a huge amount to challenge the board early on, but your ramp cards should be able to help with that. Against aggro, Crystal Power is a solid keep, because of its potential to chip at an early drop. Otherwise, just stay on board with abilities like your Hero Power, as well as Overgrowth which can be played out nice and early with Lightning Blooms.
Mid game: If you get the chance to Coin/Lightning Bloom out Guardian Animals then do so as soon as possible. Along with an Overgrowth you might be able to retake board control with ease thanks to a Rushing Lake Thresher, or you could even draw more cards thanks to Twilight Runner.
At this point, you might just be able to completely roll your opponent. Keep your eye out for lethal – Kael’thas Sunstrider is absolutely brutal when you already have a board. Playing him then two cheap spells like Innervate or Nature Studies then allows you to play your next spell for free. This could lead to Survival of the Fittest coming out to finish them off.
Late game: Even if the pressure isn’t too much for your opponent to handle, you should’ve taken a chunk out of their resources or health. After this, every single one of your minions will be giant, and you always have the bonus late-game option of Ysera, Unleashed to whack a bunch of free Dragons on board.
Speaker Gidra can be a surprise option – this Legendary’s Spellburst ability gives it Attack and Health equal to that spell’s cost, so you can whack it out at 10 mana along with Overflow or Guardian Animals to get an 8/11 with Rush and Windfury, which is often enough to finish your opponent off.
More great Druid guides:
- 1. Best Budget Decks – Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List – Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Embiggen Druid – Embiggen Druid deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Token Druid – Token Druid deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Treant Druid – Treant Druid deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Quest Druid – Quest Druid deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
Guardian Druid Mulligan guide
These are the cards you’ll want to have in hand at the start of the match when playing Guardian Druid:
- 1. Overgrowth: Always a good keep, Overgrowth sets you up for some big plays later on.
- 2. Guardian Animals: Despite its high cost, Guardian Animals can do amazingly to win you the game early on.
- 3. Lightning Bloom: This card is a great enabler for future big turns. Just remember the Overload when planning for future turns.
Guardian Druid tips, card combos and synergies
Keep an eye out for these little tips when playing Guardian Druid:
– Teacher’s Pet, Lake Thresher, and Twilight Runner are the three minions you’ll be whacking out with Guardian Animals – remember they get Rush so you can trigger their bonus effects immediately.
– Overflow heals not only you, but your opponent and all minions on board too – don’t put them out of lethal range!
– Remember to play out Anubisath Defender after casting an expensive spell. It’s a 0 mana 3/5 with Taunt.
– Kael’thas Sunstrider can let you cast Survival of the Fittest super early – just remember every third spell you cast on a turn will be reduced to 0 mana so don’t churn out spells and forget to play your big ones.
– Speaker Gidra is great late on, but as a cheap minion you can take out a couple small minions with its Rush and Windfury if needed.
– Ironbark, Bogbeam, Innervate, Lightning Bloom, and discounts from Nature Studies can all contribute to whacking out spells to gain a free Survival of the Fittest or Overflow from Kael’thas Sunstrider.