Everything you need to know about the next LoL champion.
Our League of Legends Neeko guide covers everything you need to know about the new champion, including her abilities, tips for playing her, skins and lore.
Neeko is the latest trickster to hit the rift in League of Legends. She’s able to masquerade as an enemy or allied champion and combos this was devastating crowd control and burst abilities.
In this Neeko guide we’ve got all the info you need on her abilities, as well as strategy advice, trailers and more. If she ever receives a major overhaul or update, we’ll make sure to do the same here.
Neeko Abilities and Tips
Here’s an ability preview video and a text breakdown of them just below:
Video by SkinSpotlights
Inherent Glamour (Passive):
– 25s Cooldown
– “Neeko can disguise herself as an allied champion. Champion combat or casting damaging spell breaks the disguise.”
- You will take on the appearance and auto-attack of an allied champion. Using an ability or taking damage from enemy champions will break the disguise. Minion damage does not break your disguise!
- When you’re in disguise, enemy champions will not see your Ultimate ability charge up. This makes it fantastic for setting up a big splash of AOE damage when they’re least expecting it.
- Combine your disguise with “W” and you can cause some serious confusion.
- Do your best to be as creative as possible. You can disguise yourself as a weak support champion and deliberately place yourself in an enticing position for a strong enemy midlaner, for example. This way, you might bait them into engaging you and before they know it, they’ll be caught out of position and off-guard!
- Think of all the ways you can force the enemy out of position. Perhaps disguise yourself as the team jungler, pretend to help your top lane and purposely overstay your welcome. You might just bait the enemy to pounce on you, and this will open up an opportunity to gang up on them with your teammate and take them out.
Blooming Burst (Q):
– 50/60/70/80/90 Mana, 7s Cooldown
– “Neeko throws a seed that blooms to deal 80/125/170/215/260 (+50% AP) magic damage. If it kills a unit or damages a champion or large monster, it will bloom again, dealing 40/60/80/100/120 (20% AP) damage. Max 2 extra blooms.”
- This ability is great for dealing a burst of long range damage, making it an especially useful tool for sniping escaping enemies or opening up a gank.
- Remember that the seed can bloom multiple times as long it kills a unit, so it’s a great way of quickly clearing minion waves. If you manage to root enemies with your E, chuck this Blooming Burst in and you could deal some serious damage as it’ll have more potential targets to feed off.
– No Cost, 20/19/18/17/16s Cooldown
– Passive: “Every 3rd attack deals 50/80/110/140/170 (+60% AP) bonus magic damage and increases Neeko’s movement speed by 20/25/30/35/40% for 1 second.”
– Active: “Neeko becomes invisible for 0.5 seconds and projects a clone that lasts 2 seconds. Neeko and the clone gain 20/25/30/35/40% movement speed for 2 seconds.”
- If you predict a CC ability is being fired in your direction, press [W] and send your clone in to take your place. Your clone will absorb any ability, so it’s great for tanking anything that’ll root you in place or deal significant burst damage.
- Your clone is a great way of sending your opponent in the wrong direction while you escape.
- Don’t be afraid to use this ability as a quick movement speed buff when you need it too.
We’d highly recommend watching this video by League Pulse as it not only shows off some great Neeko play, but provides tips and examples of how best to use her abilities:
– 60/65/70/75/80 Mana, 12/11.5/11/10.5/10s Cooldown
– “Neeko slings a tangle that deals 80/115/150/185/220 (+40% AP) magic damage and roots for 0.5 seconds. The last champion hit is rooted for 0.7/0.9/1.1/1.3/1.5 seconds instead.”
– “The tangle becomes empowered after hitting 2 enemies, growing larger, moving faster and rooting the last champion hit for 1.8/2.1/2.4/2.7/3 seconds.”
- This is an incredibly versatile ability and one that’s key to success with Neeko. Use it to root enemies when ganking, escaping or securing a kill.
- Combine this ability with Blooming Burst or Pop Blossom and your enemy won’t be able to escape the hurt.
- It’s fantastic for ensnaring multiple opponents in the jungle’s narrow pathways.
Pop Blossom (R):
– 100 Mana, 90s Cooldown
– “After 1.25 seconds Neeko leaps into the air. She gains a shield that absorbs 50/80/110 (+50% AP) damage (+40/60/80 for each nearby enemy champion). Nearby enemies are slowed by 40%. When Neeko lands she deals 200/425/650 (130% AP) magic damage and stuns nearby enemies for 1.25 seconds.”
– “This ability can be prepared in secret if Neeko is disguised.”
- We’ve mentioned this already, but it’s great for catching enemies off guard if you charge it up when in disguise.
- This ability is best used for dealing AOE damage on multiple enemies, but don’t be afraid to use it on vulnerable single targets too.
- Combine it with Flash for a gap-closing, explosive surprise.
- Activate Zhonya’s Hourglass it charges up for added protection, and to let your cooldowns reset too.
- Pop Blossom also gives you a shield, so use it as a last ditch escape tool if you’re in a pinch.
- If things are looking good, don’t be afraid to dive right in the middle of a teamfight while this ability charges up – the more enemies you catch with it, the better.
We’ve listed all of Neeko’s stats just below:
- Attack Range: 550
- Base AD: 52
- AD Per Level: 3
- Base Armor: 21
- Armor Per Level: 4
- Base MR: 30
- MR Per Level: 0.5
- Base HP: 540
- HP Per level: 90
- Base HP Regen: 1.5
- HP Regen Per Level: 0.15
- Base Mana: 450
- Mana Per Level: 30
- AS Per Level: 3.5
- Base Move Speed: 340
Neeko’s release skin is Winter Winder Neeko. Here’s a preview of this snowy skin:
Video by SkinSpotlights
Loading Screen Preview:
More League of Legends guides
Finally, here’s an insight into Neeko’s background:
“Hailing from a long lost tribe of vastaya, Neeko can blend into any crowd by borrowing the appearances of others, even absorbing something of their emotional state to tell friend from foe in an instant. No one is ever sure where—or who—Neeko might be, but those who intend to do her harm will soon witness her true colors revealed, and feel the full power of her primordial spirit magic unleashed upon them.”
If you’re after even more detail, her full biography is available on the League of Legends Universe Page.
Neeko Tips and Tricks
Here’s a bunch of things to think about when playing Neeko.
- Neeko’s clone is a brilliant way of sending opponents the wrong way, and also works as a movement speed buff.
- If an enemy champion is a near a minion, chuck Tangle Barbs through the minion to speed it up. This way the enemy will have far less time to react.
- Pretending to be an ally jungler and showing up on the enemy map is a great way of tricking them into a false sense of security.
- When teamfighting, make sure you’re ensnaring key targets with Tangle Barbs before bursting them down. Also be prepared to activate Pop Blossom, dive in, and deliver a huge chunk of damage to as many enemies as possible. Combo this with ally dive abilities, and you’ve got yourself a devastating engage.
- Make sure you walk in a straight line when using clone so you don’t give yourself away.
- When looking for an engage with your Ultimate, don’t be afraid to flash just before it activates to take your enemies by surprise.