Murloc Paladin (Standard) deck list and guide – October 2016 – Hearthstone
How to play the latest version of Murloc Paladin in Season 30.
Our Murloc Paladin deck list guide features the best deck list for Season 77 of Hearthstone (August 2020), the beginning of Scholomance Academy. You can also find some general strategy advice and a breakdown of the deck’s key combos, but we will continue to add more over time.
Now that Prismatic Lens is no longer in Standard format, Murloc Paladin plays a lot more like a standard Murloc deck. Play out your fishy bois, buff them up with other Murlocs, and try to pull off the win. Of course, Ashes of Outland has brought in some exciting new toys for this deck to play with, including the super-powerful 1-drop Imprisoned Sungill, as well as the Legendary minion Murgur Murgurgle, who’s just waiting to flood the board as Murgurgle Prime.
It’s pretty simple to play this deck list – stay on curve and be aggressive. We’ll be keeping an eye on this one to see if it makes a splash.
Murloc Paladin deck list and strategy
Here is the version of Murloc Paladin for Scholomance Academy. We’ll keep you updated as things evolve.
|2 x Imprisoned Sungill||2 x Toxfin|
|1 x Murgur Murgurgle||2 x Murloc Tidecaller|
|2 x Hand of A’dal||2 x Murmy|
|2 x Underlight Angling Rod||2 x Hench-Clan Hogsteed|
|2 x Truesilver Champion||2 x Murloc Tidehunter|
|2 x Scalelord||2 x Fishflinger|
|2 x Coldlight Seer|
|2 x Murloc Warleader|
|1 x Hoard Pillager|
|2 x Felfin Navigator|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAZ8FAuiwA/y4Aw7FA9sDzwbQB6cItZgDx50Dr6cDyqsDyLgDybgD9rgD+7gDysEDAA==
- 1. Best Budget Decks – Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List – Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Pure Paladin – Pure Paladin deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Mech Paladin – Mech Paladin deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Murloc Paladin – Murloc Paladin deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Highlander Paladin – Highlander Paladin deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Quest Paladin – Quest Paladin deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
Below, you’ll find our guide to help you navigate the exciting world that is Murloc Paladin.
Early Game: You want to start with some cheap Murloc minions. Imprisoned Sungill is a great starter, as well as Murloc Tidecaller which can start dealing some real good damage if possible. They’ll buff each other and start flooding the board if your opponent is complacent, so focus on this and try to catch them off guard. Remember, Murlocs on board and ready to attack can be buffed up with Murloc Warleader and Coldlight Seer if you need that extra push for damage or survival.
Mid Game: Toxfin is a great way to clear out any big Taunts your opponent puts in your way, and works great on a Murloc with Divine Shield. You can actually achieve this if you play Scalelord on a fairly wide board.
Just stick to the plan – all these Murlocs will force some chunky board clears out of your opponent and they’ll likely end up burning through them faster than they’d like. Warriors will end up Brawling your bunch of Murlocs, whilst Shaman enemies will end up having to throw their Hagatha’s Schemes out the window early. All this is absolutely fine, as you have a seemingly endless supply of fishy friends to lob in your opponent’s direction.
Late Game: At this point, you could well be on the cusp of victory. Just keep buffing your fishy boys and you’ll be golden.
Murloc Paladin Mulligan Guide
Unlike most aggressive gameplans, you want to mulligan for a very specific start.
1. Imprisoned Sungill doesn’t do anything when played, but after a bit of waiting it gives you some great offensive options for wide Murloc buffs.
2. Early on, you’ll want to keep hold of strong Murlocs. Murloc Tidecaller is a solid choice here.
3. It’s often worth keeping Murgur Murgurgle early on so you can potentially draw Murgurgle Prime later as an aggressive finisher and curve-topper.
Murloc Paladin tips, combos and synergies
Keep in mind the card synergies and combos to best play Murloc Paladin. It’s a deck you’ll need to get the hang of, but should be able to learn quickly:
– Murloc Warleader gives all your Murlocs +2 attack as long as it survives, making your 1/1 Murmy and tiny Murloc Scout actual threats to enemy minions.
– Hand of A’dal should be considered when calculating lethal damage, as should Felfin Navigator which buffs all your Murlocs permanently by +1/+1.
– Underlight Angling Rod adds extra Murlocs to your hand and should be used whenever possible to clear the way for your minions to hit face.
– Voracious Reader is great for mid-game card draw – it draws 3 every single turn it survives if you have an empty hand.
– Fishy Flyer adds extra value to your hand, but remember the Ghost with Rush doesn’t have a Murloc tag or synergy.
– Coldlight Seer’s Battlecry adds 2 health to all of your Murlocs, which can enable some great value trades if you can get them to survive.
– Murloc Warleader buffs your fellow Murlocs’ attack by +2 whenever it’s on board. It isn’t a Battlecry or Deathrattle, so however it goes into play, the buff will apply until it dies.
– Consider playing Coldlight Seer before trading with your Murlocs – it might help them survive for future offensive turns.
– Murmy buffs Murloc Tidecaller’s attack both when it’s played and when it’s resummoned through its Reborn effect.