Our PUBG zombies mode guide contains everything you need to know about joining a zombies server in the game.
Sometimes you just need a break from the traditional PUBG gameplay experience and mix things up a little. Zombie-themed custom matches have always been a staple in multiplayer shooters, (Halo brings back fond memories) and you’re able to sink your teeth into the same anarchic fun with PUBG too.
Zombies mode in PUBG sees a small group of humans go up against 98 other zombies. The zombies aren’t able to loot or use traditional weaponry, however, rather they’ve got strength in numbers and will rely on overwhelming their opponents in huge mobs.
In PUBG’s current state there isn’t an option for most players to create custom zombie matches. It’s a feature that PUBG Corp is definitely thinking of opening up to everyone in the future, and it’s only a matter of time before this happens.
Although you’ll have varying success, we’ve put together a guide that’ll explain how to join custom zombie matches.
PUBG Mobile: How to join zombie matches
PUBG’s Resident Evil 2 crossover event is now live for a limited time. It’s called “Zombie: Survive Till Dawn” and it takes place on PUBG’s Erangel map, with a zombies twist. Matches feature undead hordes, as well as other players so it’s ramped up the survival element even more.
Here’s how to access the mode:
- Boot up PUBG Mobile.
- Select Game Modes, followed by Event Mode.
- Select Zombie: Survive Till Dawn and click OK in the bottom right corner.
- Ready up and you’ll begin matchmaking into the new zombies mode in PUBG Mobile.
PUBG: How to join zombie matches
Here’s how to go about joining a zombie match in PUBG.
Video by StoneMountain64
- From the main menu, select the Custom Match tab along the top navigation bar.
- Hit the Filter tab to the left, and filter by game mode. In this instance, you’ll be searching for “Zombies”. This’ll make finding a match type you want much easier.
- Now, filter the results by Public only. This’ll make it so you’ll only search for games that anyone can join, as opposed to those which require a special password.
- Flick through the resulting list of servers and keep an eye out for any that aren’t completely full. You’ll be able to tell by looking at the player count to the right. If possible, it’s worth selecting a server in your region for better connectivity.
- Once you’ve found a suitable server, hit the join button until you gain entry.
- Don’t be alarmed if it doesn’t work straight away. PUBG’s still a bit iffy when it comes to loading you into a custom match, especially when many other players will be fighting for the same spots. Be persistent – you’ll get there.
More PUBG guides
- Guide – All of our essential, in-depth PUBG guide content in one place – PUBG: Guide – Tips, tricks, tactics and strategy advice
- BP Farming – Our step by step guide to grinding out more Battle Points – PUBG: Best way to get and farm BP
- Zeroing Distance – How to understand and achieve the perfect zeroing distance – PUBG: Best zeroing distance
- Late Game – Essential advice for dominating the late-game stage of a PUBG match – PUBG: How to win the late-game
- Mobile – Everything you need to know about playing PUBG on your phone – PUBG: Mobile guide
PUBG: How to create a custom zombie match
Unfortunately you won’t be able to create a custom server or match yourself just yet. It’s a feature PUBG will almost certainly gain in the future, but who knows when it’ll actually happen.
Currently, only those registered as PUBG Partners (streamers and the like) can set up custom matches.
That concludes this guide, but we’ll update it further if PUBG gives everyone the opportunity to create custom matches – keep this page bookmarked for all the latest developments!