Secret Rogue deck list guide – Ashes of Outland – Hearthstone (April 2020)
We won't tell a soul.
Our Secret Rogue deck list guide features the best Ashes of Outland deck list for Season 73 of Hearthstone (April 2020). Our Secret Rogue guide also contains Mulligan advice, card combos and strategy tips.
The Rogue class got some spicy Secret synergy cards this time around. Brand new Secret cards themselves like Bamboozle and Ambush as well as some real nice cards to go alongside them, like Shadowjeweler Hanar, all make Secret Rogue an enticing way to play.
This deck also includes a few of the class’ new Stealth-based tools. We’ve got a full-on deck list and guide for Stealth Rogue if you’re interested in taking this archetype to the next level of course.
Secret Rogue deck list and strategy
Here’s our favourite Secret Rogue deck at the moment in Ashes of Outland. Check back for more info once the meta develops though!
|2 x Backstab||2 x Burrowing Scorpid|
|2 x Spymistress||1 x Maiev Shadowsong|
|2 x Blackjack Stunner|
|1 x Shadowjeweler Hanar|
|2 x Eviscerate|
|2 x Dirty Tricks|
|2 x Ashtongue Slayer|
|2 x Ambush|
|2 x Bamboozle|
|2 x Skyvateer|
|1 x Edwin VanCleef|
|2 x Greyheart Sage|
|2 x EVIL Miscreant|
|1 x Akama|
|1 x Flik Skyshiv|
|1 x Cursed Vagrant|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck into your game.
Deck Import ID: AAECAaIHBrICwa4Du7gD0rkD7b4D+8QDDLQBiAePlwObtgO5uAO6uAPMuQPOuQPPuQPQuQO5vgPZvgMA
Focus on making the most of your Secret synergies, and try to trick your opponent into playing their activators.
Early game: Just like in Stealth Rogue, you have Spymistress ready and waiting. An early 3 damage won’t go amiss, and it’ll trade well into enemy minions. Shadowjeweler Hanar is hard to kill if you play them on turn 2, but Spymistress and Backstab can also protect the minion for future turns.
If you get Shadowjeweler Hanar to stick on the board, get some Secrets played as soon as possible. Ambush is a great early one to get stats on the board, and Hanar will give you a Secret from another class with every Secret you play. You’ll be able to Discover the Secret too, so choose based on the enemy’s playstyle. If you want to take out enemy aggression, maybe choose Explosive Trap. If you want to avoid enemies clearing your board with spells, pick out Counterspell. Adjust your selections to your enemy’s playstyle whenever possible.
Mid game: Playing Akama is always worth it. The sooner you get Akama Prime into your deck the more likely you are to draw him, which can be a frightening prospect for your opponent, especially combined with Ashtongue Slayer.
Be careful with the Bamboozle Secret. It’s a super-powerful ability, but you might end up transforming your Shadowjeweler Hanar, losing out on the card generation the minion brings.
Late game: Ideally, you’ll have a solid lead on board by this point in the game. Your Secrets can continue triggering if you keep getting them off of Shadowjeweler Hanar. Cursed Vagrant is a big minion who can give you that last bit of reach, and the likes of EVIL Miscreant gives you the opportunity for value. Also remember how big Edwin VanCleef can get – he’ll become a big beefy boy if you have a couple cheap minions, Lackeys, or Backstabs in hand.
More great Rogue guides:
- 1. Best Budget Decks – Hearthstone: Best Budget Decks for Ashes of Outland
- 2. Tier List – Hearthstone deck tier list (Ashes of Outland)
- 3. Stealth Rogue – Stealth Rogue deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 4. Tempo Rogue – Tempo Rogue deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 5. Secret Rogue – Secret Rogue deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 6. Galakrond Rogue – Galakrond Rogue deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
- 7. Malygos Rogue – Malygos Rogue deck list guide (Ashes of Outland)
Secret Rogue Mulligan guide
These are the cards you’ll want to make the best possible start with Secret Rogue:
- 1. Spymistress is your favourite 1-drop. 3 attack is pretty scary early on, and Stealth means it can’t be messed with.
- 2. Shadowjeweler Hanar is a great card to get on board early, giving you massive recurring Secret value and is hard to kill with 1/5 stats.
- 3. If you have Shadowjeweler Hanar, it’s often a good idea to keep a Secret in hand too, like Dirty Tricks or Ambush. This’ll let you trigger Hanar’s effect.
Secret Rogue tips, combos and synergies
Here’s a few combos and interactions to look out for with Secret Rogue.
– Ashtongue Slayer scales into the late game. It’s always usable with Akama Prime, since that minion never loses its Stealth ability, even when it attacks.
– Bamboozle is best used alongside low-statted Battlecry or Combo minions. Turning EVIL Miscreant into a random 6-cost minion is potentially super powerful.
– Maiev Shadowsong makes a minion Dormant for 2 turns, rendering it completely uninteractable. This can be a great way to get an enemy Taunt out of the way – just be careful. It’ll also re-trigger the effects of minions like Imprisoned Antaen.
– Each game will play out differently thanks to your differing Shadowjeweler Hanar pulls. Remember that each Secret you Discover also triggers the Minion’s effect though.
– You can only have up to 5 Secrets in play at once.
– Greyheart Sage is amazing for card draw, giving you 2 cards and a 3/3 as long as you have a Stealthed minion in play. Make sure you play this minion before attacking with your Skyvateer, for example.
– The classes you can discover Secrets from are Paladin, Hunter, and Mage. The Paladin class’ Secrets cost 1 mana, Hunter’s cost 2, and Mage’s cost 3.