Better rewards and greater incentives that'll keep players coming back for more.
Bungie has announced a number of areas that it’s currently working on in order to improve Destiny 2’s endgame content. The news was revealed in an official blog post by game director Christopher Barrett.
In summary, players can expect the following changes to be made in a future – undated – update to the game.
- New systems and rewards to give the most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
- Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
- Better rewards and replay value for Strikes, Adventures, and Lost Sectors.
- Private matches for the competitive community (targeting early 2018).
- Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
- Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
- Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
- Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
- Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
- New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
- An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.
You only have to glance at the Destiny 2 subreddit or Bungie’s official forums to find endless posts about how the end-game simply doesn’t provide enough incentive for players to continue with the game. Further complaints have arised about underutilised systems too, with mods being a popular bone of contention in the community.
With the first expansion expected to arrive this December, it’s probably too soon for Bungie to implement reactionary changes to community feedback. It’s more likely we’ll start seeing these sorts of improvements to the endgame trickle in next year, or in a huge content update with the second expansion.
Of course we’ll be covering any further updates to Destiny 2 on geeksplatform, so keep our homepage bookmarked for all the latest developments.