Destiny 2: Faction Rally guide – Dead Orbit, New Monarchy, Future War Cult, faction tokens and gear
Everything you need to know about Destiny 2's Faction Rally system.
Our Destiny 2: Faction Rally guide contains everything you need to know about the game’s Faction Rally event.
The original Destiny was home to three distinctive factions: Dead Orbit, Future War Cult and New Monarchy. You’d pledge your loyalty to one of these groups and then set about garnering reputation within their ranks so as to earn unique loot. This system returns in Destiny 2, giving Guardians the chance to fight for their faction and get their hands on some of the most sought-after gear in the game.
Players will have a limited time to earn as many reward packages as they can for their faction of choice. The faction which garners the most packages, and in turn, has the most loyal player base will win the event. Winners will get a massive discount off a special faction weapon, so all in all, there’s a lot to play for – and tonnes of loot to be had.
(If you want to be the best at every area of the game, don’t forget to bookmark our PVP, Campaign walkthrough and Subclass guide pages – they’ve got everything you need if you want to get more out of Destiny 2, and will be continuously updated in the weeks ahead.)
Editor’s UPDATE #9: We’ve made sure this guide is completely up to date and contains all the detail you need!
Faction Rally: When does it go live?
Faction Rally will launch on Wednesday 5th June 2018.
Below we’ve listed the times it’ll go live.
- 17:00 BST
- 17:00 CET
- 08:00 PT
- 11:00 EST
Faction Rally: How does it work?
Each of the Factions in the Tower is having a rally to garner resources for its cause. Guardians who help them out will be rewarded, and as an incentive, each faction has set aside a powerful weapon to entice players to choose their side.
At the end of the rally, the faction which gathered the most packages will be declared the winner. Guardians who swore allegiance to the winning faction will get a huge discount of the special weapon.
The second Faction Rally runs all the way up to 11th June 2018 and ends at the same times posted above. The winning faction will be declared at 18:00 BST/18:00 CET/10:00 PT/ 13:00 EST.
How do I access Faction Rally?
You must have reached level 20 and gained access to The Tower social space.
In Faction Rally there are three factions you can swear allegiance to, each with their own unique style and rewards. You will find them all in The Tower social space.
- New Monarchy
- Dead Orbit
- Future War Cult
Here’s a brief outline of where you’ll find each of these Faction bases.
- New Monarchy: Far left corner of the map near Ikora and Hawthorne.
- Future War Cult: Can be found in the hangar near Cayde. Turn left at the ramp and follow the steps up to their headquarters.
- Dead Orbit: Directly underneath Future War Cult’s base of operations.
Supporting your faction: Tokens
When you join a faction, you’ll have the chance to earn unique goodies. Just like any other vendor in the game, this works by building enough reputation to fill a bar and be rewarded for your efforts.
If you’ve decided on what faction you want to join, head over to their vendor/NPC and pledge your allegiance. This will automatically sign you up to the faction and you’ll receive a Faction Emblem. Your Milestones will also be updated with a faction specific task.
Here’s every activity that will earn you these tokens.
- Daily Faction Rally Milestone
- Public events
- Lost Sectors
- Nightfall Strikes
- Clearing the Raid
- Trials of the Nine
Once you’ve amassed enough faction tokens, turning them into a vendor will reward you with a Faction Engram full of loot.
Seasonal Vendor Progression: Renown
Faction Rallies now feature the “Renown System” which’ll boost the number of tokens you’ll earn in a given sitting. Here’s a breakdown of how it all works:
- After pledging to a faction, players may earn Renown by completing a public event or patrol, or by defeating high-value targets on destinations.
- Players who loot a Lost Sector with Renown active will receive significantly more faction tokens than usual—the more stacks of Renown they have, the more faction tokens they earn. We earned 40 Tokens for cashing in max stacks of Renown.
- Renown is lost when players are defeated by enemies, so be careful when you’re attempting to loot a Lost Sector with high Renown!
- Renown increases the level of challenge in gameplay and the more you earn, the higher the debuff.
- Health regeneration is vastly reduced (all stack levels)
- Enemy kills have a chance to drop health orbs (all stack levels)
- Player damage decreased (scales with stack, up to 5)
- Incoming damage increased (scales with stack, up to 5)
- While Renown is active on a player, others around them can see which faction the player has pledged to.
Faction Rally: Rewards
Earn enough faction tokens and you’ll be rewarded with packages containing loot that’s unique to your faction, including armour pieces, weapons and Shaders.
Here’s a preview of everything that’ll be on offer. You can also click on each image for a closer look.
Dead Orbit: Rewards
Future War Cult: Rewards
New Monarchy: Rewards
New Faction Rewards
Below we’ve linked a video by xHOUNDISHx which showcases all of the new Faction rewards that have arrived with the latest Faction Rally.
If you found the video interesting, do make sure to give it a thumbs up and support the creator. xHOUNDISHx always make top-notch Destiny 2 content!
Faction Rally: Special Weapons
In addition to all the gear above, each faction will be offering a special weapon as a reward to be sold if they emerge victorious at the end of the event. Those who are part of the winning faction will receive an enormous discount and will be able to purchase the weapon for 1000 Glimmer. Guardians who are part of an opposing faction will have to fork out a hefty 50,000 Glimmer to own the weapon.
Here’s each faction weapon up for grabs:
Other important information
Here’s some other details worth bearing in mind when participating in each Faction Rally event.
- Faction Engram Reward Limit: After you’ve earned a total of 30 Faction Engrams in one Faction Rally event, any additional Engrams earned will only reward you with Shaders. This limit will reset when the next Faction Rally swings around.
- Token Reset: All Faction Tokens still in players’ inventories will reset once the event has come to an end. With this in mind, it’s wise to use up all your tokens before the end of the week.
- One Pledge: You can now only pledge to one Faction on an account, not multiple across different characters.