Here's how to get the party started.
A step by step guide to getting your hands on the Loot-a-Palooza and Dance Party Keys.
Since Destiny 2’s launch, Guardians have been trying to uncover the mystery of the famed dance party and how to go about activating it in the Tower. It all started thanks to the official Prima guide stating that players could get their hands on a Loot-a-Palooza key in the Tower’s hangar and a Dance Party Key in the Bazaar.
Well, it turns out that the Faction Rally was the key to kickstarting the process, on top of beating the game’s first Raid – potentially a number of times. It’s certainly no mean feat getting a rave started in the Tower, but it’s worth the effort. Below we’ll guide you through all the steps needed to get your hands on both keys and transform the game’s main social space into a disco.
How to activate the Dance Party
1. How to get the Loot-a-Palooza Key
Here’s your first step to kicking off that dance party in the Tower.
- Pledge your loyalty to one of the Factions.
- Take on the Leviathan Raid and defeat Emperor Calus.
- Emperor Calus has a chance of dropping the Loot-a-Palooza Key.
- Once you’ve got the key, head over to the Loot-a-Palooza terminal. You can find this over near Dead Orbit’s base camp. Continue past their vendor, go up the steel steps to the left and continue straight on towards the glowing monitor.
- Interact with it to trigger a Public Event in The Tower itself!
2. Complete the Loot-a-Palooza event and get the Dance Party Key
Now you’ll have to race against the clock and complete this unique Public Event to get your hands on the famed Dance Party Key.
- Cayde-6 has dropped treasure chests in the Tower and you’ll have to crack them open to find the key itself.
- As it’s a Public Event, technically anyone can join in, but only you can get the key. They’ll find 250 Glimmer instead.
- These chests can spawn in some pretty tricky areas to traverse, so get your parkour on and scour the Tower as quickly as you can.
- If you’re lucky, cracking open one of these chests will finally grant you the Dance Party Key. You’ll have to wait until the Public Event timer has elapsed to use it.
- Each Faction has a large terminal near the vendors that require the Dance Party Key. Simply interact with it and get your groove on.
Below we’ve linked a really handy video walkthrough by More Console which also gives a sample of what funky music the Dance Party Key unlocks.