All of the Legendary Weapons we currently know about in Destiny 2.
On this page you’ll find every Destiny 2 Legendary Weapon we currently know about. It will be updated considerably over time.
The most sought after weapons in Destiny 2 can be broken down into two quality tiers: the immensely powerful Exotics and the less rare – but still very desirable – Legendaries.
All of these weapons pack way more of a punch than any of the most common gear you can find in the game, and this is down to each of them having special perks that give them unique abilities.
There’s going to be a ton of Legendary weapons in Destiny 2, and these are the ones that have been revealed so far. If you’re interested in seeing some of the other weapons coming with the sequel, take a look through our Exotic Weapons guide.
Once you’re done drooling over all of these, make sure you check out our main Destiny 2 guide as well – it contains absolutely everything you could want to know about the next game.
Editor’s UPDATE #3: We’ve added another seven weapons into the mix, so make sure you check them out under the relevant categories. We’ll update this guide when we get hands on with the game soon – stay tuned for more!
Legendary Kinetic Weapons
Auto Rifle – Scathelocke
- As the rifle’s ammunition depletes, its Accuracy and Stability improves.
- You’re better off unloading the whole clip in one go, rather than worrying about being accurate with burst fire and careful one taps – that’s why it’s got these special abilities!
Pulse Rifle – Lincoln Green
- Unload your whole clip into enemies and you’ll get a super fast reload.
- You’ll draw this weapon at unbelievable speeds making it as quick as a sidearm.
Pulse Rifle – Nightshade
- This rifle compliments those who care about their agility on the battlefield.
- You’ll move faster with Nightshade equipped, as opposed to most other weapons.
- Not only this, but you’ll be able to chain quick kills together with increased damage after each reload.
Scout Rifle – Does Not Compute
- Everything about these special bonuses makes this Scout Rifle better at its job.
- It’s capable of hitting enemies from long distances, and although it’s slow-firing it more than makes up for that with its damage output.
- Aiming down the sights also makes your movement speed that bit nippier, so you dodge out of attacks with ease and take heads off from afar.
Submachine gun – The Showrunner
- You’ll be a bit nimbler with this weapon equipped.
- With added stability as the magazine decreases, it’s practically begging you to hold the trigger and pepper enemies for as long as you can.
Hand Cannon – Bad News
- You’ll snap to targets quickly while looking through sights, and you’ll do some pretty lethal damage too. Just prepare for some serious recoil.
Hand Cannon – Better Devils
- A hand cannon with an explosive difference that should make taking out multiple targets a breeze.
Sidearm – The Needle
- Firing this weapon continuously will increase its stability, perfect for spraying down enemies.
Our most popular Destiny 2 guides:
Legendary Energy Weapons
Scout Rifle – Black Scorpion-4SR
- Manufactured by new company on the block, Veist.
- Scout Rifles are usually only capable of firing off one-taps, making up for this slow fire rate with extreme accuracy and high damage. The Blackscorpion fires in full-auto instead, meaning that you’ll be able to land even more precise, deadly shots than you normally would.
- It reloads faster when the magazine is empty and increases your movement speed while aiming, which suggests it’s great for close quarters combat – a very interesting Scout Rifle indeed.
Pulse Rifle – Nergal PR4
- This rifle has a unique feature which allows you to fire full auto if you hold down the trigger. This means that it’s a hybrid weapon perfect for those who want to switch between accurate, precise shots and faster, less accurate damage on the fly.
Auto Rifle – Deathstalker-4U
- With faster reload when empty and a weapon sway-reduction system, this rifle is all about pulling the trigger and never letting go.
Submachine gun – Red Mamba-3MG
- Traditionally, submachine guns are great for spraying and praying. The Red Mamba-3MG is more accurate and stable for the first moment you pull the trigger. This means it’s more effective when fired in short, sharp bursts.
Submachine gun – Phosphoros MG4
- This SMG has the best handling you’ll get in the game!
- Built for those who like to get up close and personal in combat, melee kills will reload a portion of the magazine.
- Ever in need of a few more bullets? Just smack an enemy.
Hand Cannon – Suros GJS-42
- Early reloads waste ammo, but the fact it’ll be super-fast will significantly increase your chances of survival if you’re in a pinch.
- Your first shot will travel further and be more accurate than the rest. Make it count and you’ll be laughing.
Sidearm – Urchin-3SI
- The Urchin rewards accuracy. Hit those headshots and reload quicker.
- A perfect sidearm for those who love to string together some rapid kills.
Legendary Power Weapons
Rocket Launcher – Morrigan-D
- This launcher doesn’t just fire one big missile, instead it shoots off a bunch of small auto-tracking missiles to hunt down targets.
- It’s faster than other rocket launchers when it comes to aiming down the sights too, so pick your enemy carefully and pull the trigger – the missiles will take care of the rest.
Grenade Launcher – Berenger’s Memory
- Keep this weapon in your pocket for a while and it’ll automatically reload for you – pretty handy.
- This grenade launcher fires sticky grenades which explode when enemies are close, meaning it’s perfect for clearing clusters of baddies.
Grenade Launcher – Flash and Thunder
- If you’ve got the time, make sure you crouch to increase your reload speed.
- On top of some pretty big damage numbers, your grenades will also blind enemies, making it the perfect tool for stunning particularly mobile targets.
Grenade Launcher – NADDOD-D
- When you’re in need of a helping hand, this launcher’s got your back.
- It reloads some of your magazine when you’re critically wounded, so in times of desperate need, it’ll give you just enough explosive power to get the job done.
Shotgun – Retrofuturist
- Holstering this shotgun will automatically reload it after a short period time.
- We see it as the perfect companion to your main weapon. Bring it out to finish off enemies with a quick blast before holstering it again – rinse and repeat.
Shotgun – Hawthorne’s Field-Forged Shotgun
- If you’re in a pinch, hold down the trigger and you’ll spew shells at full auto.
- It’s exceedingly powerful at close range, and puts all those pump actions to shame.
Fusion Rifle – Main Ingredient
- Each kill grants a temporary boost to your damage that stacks up to three times.
- You won’t want to swap to anything else while using this rifle. The more enemies you eliminate, the better your chances are of doing the same thing a bit quicker the next time around.
Linear Fusion Rifle – Tarantula-3FR
- It looks like there’s a new breed of rifle in town. The Linear Fusion rifle fires off one highly damaging bolt of electricity at enemies, and the Tarantula-3FR is no exception.
- There’s a small wind-up for each shot once you pull the trigger, but it more than makes up for it with its insane damage and pinpoint accuracy.
- Like a rail gun, energy bolts can travel through targets and damage multiple enemies at once. This makes the Tarantula the perfect tool for eviscerating opponents who’ve had the misfortune of lining up.
Sniper Rifle -Show of Force
- This sniper keeps it traditional with high damage and high recoil.
- There’s no need to rush. Take your time with this rifle, land those headshots and you’ll be able to reload swiftly so you can get back to the shooting even quicker.
Sniper Rifle – Copperhead-4SN
- Hunker down in a nice position and get ready to snipe away with increased accuracy when you’re crouched.
- There’s no need to reload prematurely either. Fire off every shot and benefit from a speedy reload instead.
Legendary Melee Weapons
Sword -Negative Space
- Unleash an uppercut with a quick [R2] press.
- Take your chance and don’t hold back, just keep swinging and you’ll deal increased damage.