Everything we know so far about Warmind's Raid Lair.
Our Destiny 2 Spire of Stars Raid Lair guide contains everything you need to know about this raid lair, including encounter walkthroughs and rewards.
The final part of the Leviathan Raid is now live, and just as we explored the depths of Emperor Calus’ ship in Destiny 2’s first expansion, we get to ascend up the Spire of Stars in the game’s second DLC.
Instead of heading into the jaws of the Leviathan (literally), players will be tasked with ascending towards the upper reaches of the ship where are a powerful new enemy lurks. Turns out this new enemy also presents one of the hardest Raid encounters in the game, so it’s a challenge that’ll require some serious coordination and teamwork.
Below we’ve put together a guide that contains everything you need to know about the Raid, including a walkthrough of each encounter as well as the rewards you’ll earn for completing it. Make sure you have a look through our Warmind DLC guide for a full breakdown of all the other new content that’s been introduced to the game.
We’ll be updating this guide as soon as we hear anything from Bungie, so keep this page bookmarked for all the latest information!
Spire of Stars: Complete Walkthrough
Objective: You have to hit the glowing purple cauldron with charged orbs.
- At the start of the encounter, an orb will spawn at the front of the room.
- There are four platforms surrounding this area with a glowing, wispy smoke rising from them. You’ll need to carry an orb while jumping onto these in order to complete the encounter. Once you’ve jumped on one with an orb, it’ll raise itself up to a higher position.
- By jumping onto these towers with an orb, you’ll charge the orb and gain an “Engulfed” debuff that’ll stack over time. This is the key to progressing.
- First off, assign four members of your team to different platforms. The two other members should focus on clearing adds (mobs of enemies) as they’ll spawn in throughout the encounter.
- Have one platform player grab the orb and stand on a platform. They’ll get the “Engulfed” debuff that’ll start stacking. If it reach 10 stacks, it’ll insta-kill, so their job is to throw it to another platform player before this happens.
- Essentially you’ll be chucking the orb around, until all four towers are completely raised. This’ll light the cauldron and whoever’s holding the orb should chuck it into the flames.
- Rinse and repeat this process until a hole appears in the front of the room.
- Hop across some spinning fans, activate some levers and you’ll enter the next area!
Objective: Destroy Val Ca’uor’s ships.
Different Types of Platforms
- First off we’ll need to establish all the different platforms that are in the room.
- There are 4 in the back, 3 in the front, and 3 which contain the Engulfed Debuff.
- Stand on all 4 at the back of the room and they’ll create a tractor beam that’ll allow you to zip up into the stars.
- The 3 at the front of the room will open the center console.
How To Beat The Encounter
- Clear the adds and have four members of your team stand on the 4 platforms at the back.
- This will create an orange beam at the front of the room. It’s at this point, 3 members your team will receive a buff called “Superior Retainer”. One member with this buff must run to the front of the room and enter the tractor beam.
- The team member who has entered the beam will be sent off into space. Once they’re in the stars, they’ll be presented with three ships, with a symbol above one of them. They’ll need to call out what this symbol is, as it’ll correspond to one of the 3 platforms that will unlock the center console.
- Another orb will spawn. Have someone else with the “Superior Retainer” buff grab it and head into space. Throw the orb at the ship with the symbol and it’ll be destroyed.
- Again, repeat this process until all the ships are destroyed. You’ll be fighting against adds all the way, so make sure you focus on clearing as many as you can while all this is going on – it’s a very difficult balancing act.
- Remember that when the orb holders head into space, it’s safe to hop off the platforms and fight from relative safety in one of the back rooms.
- Once all the ships have been destroyed, Val Ca’uor returns for the final fight!
Video by KackisHD
Defeat Val Ca’uor
Objective: Combine all you’ve learned and take out Val Ca’uor.
- You’ll want to be around 370+ Power Level as the adds can deal some hefty damage if you’re a little underlevelled.
- To kick things off, you’ll need to take out adds until Ca’uor sends out a shockwave of corruption across the room that’ll hit everyone with the “Engulf” debuff.
- Pass around the orb to clear everyone’s debuff and the final person must throw the orb at Val Ca’uor.
- Once the balls hits Val Ca’uor, three members of your party will gain the Superior Retainer buff. It’s at this point you’ll need to stand on the 4 platforms and send one of these members out to orange beam and the ships in space.
- It’s at this point that two ships will have symbols corresponding to two floor plates. So make sure they’re called out!
- Two orbs will spawn into the area and it’s these that must be armed with the “Engulfed” debuff. Head into the towers at the front of the room to do so. You will then need to throw these orbs into the corresponding doors (the two symbols from space).
- Two more orbs will spawn in, and once again, two more Superior Retainers must grab the orbs, debuff them and head into space to chuck them at the two ships.
- Now that the ships have been destroyed, three more orbs will spawn. Have three other Guardians grab them and debuff them.
- When they’re debuffed, the Calus robot will hover behind Val Ca’uor. It’ll raise its hand and at this point all three orbs must be thrown into it at the same time. This will shatter Val Ca’uor’s shield and begin the DPC phase.
- Deal as much damage as possible. Go wild with Supers and Power weapons.
- Rinse and repeat this process until Val Ca’uor begins his final desperation move. Six orbs will spawn, so lob them at him and start hitting his shield with bullets until it’s destroyed.
- He’ll go down once the shield is destroyed!
How do I access the Spire of Stars Raid Lair?
In order to access the Spire of Stars, you’ll first need to purchase the Warmind DLC. It’s available as a stand alone purchase, so owning the previous expansion (Curse of Osiris) isn’t necessary.
Once you’ve got hold of the expansion, you’ll be fine to access the Raid Lair when it launches. All you’ll have to do on the day is access the in-game menu, select the Raid Icon, followed by the Spire of Stars symbol.
You’ll then be transported to the beginning of the Raid Lair itself, so there’s no need to enter the base Leviathan Raid and attempt to find the entrance – it’s nice and simple.
When does the Spire of Stars Raid Lair release?
While the Warmind DLC releases on the the 8th May 2018, the Spire of Stars Raid Lair is dropping three days later on the 11th May 2018. So that’ll make for a perfect Friday night gaming session then.
In terms of an exact release time, we know that the Spire of Stars is launching at 10:00AM PT – that’s 17:00PM for those of us in the UK.
What rewards will we earn in Spire of Stars?
Here’s what rewards you’ll earn for completing the Spire of Stars Raid Lair.
- “I’m Open” Emote
- Emperor’s Envy Legendary Fusion Rifle
- Last of the Legion Legendary Sidearm
- Equitis Shade – Hunter Legendary Armour Set
- Turris Shade – Titan Legendary Armour Set
- Insigne Shade – Warlock Legendary Armour Set
That concludes the first iteration of our Spire of Stars guide, and we’ll be overhauling this page with a complete walkthrough once we’ve had a chunk to sink some time into it ourselves. Keep this page bookmarked!