Our guide in progress to the Nessus Lost Sector
How to find the entrance to The Conflux Lost Sector located in the Nessus region of Destiny 2, clear the encounter and take home your loot.
The Conflux can be a tricky Lost Sector to find, especially as it’s concealed near a milky Vex waterfall which you’d never think would house an intricate tunnel system underneath. It’s also not close to anything of major interest and is very much out in Nessus‘s wilderness, meaning it really does reward those who like to go out and explore Destiny’s universe.
We’ve embedded a video below which perfectly outlines where The Conflux is nestled and how you can progress through its Vex-infested innards. If you found it helpful, don’t forget to drop the video a like and consider subscribing to their channel as it contains some other brilliant Destiny 2 content. To aid you even further, we’ve put together a text summary based on the video, so give that a read for some extra tips and tricks.
(If you want to be the best at every area of the game, don’t forget to bookmark our PVP, Strike and Subclass guide pages – they’ve got everything you need if you want to get more out of Destiny 2, and will be continuously updated in the weeks ahead.)
- You can find The Conflux right at the end of the milky Vex stream that can be found north of The Cistern. When you get to the waterfall, drop down to the right by the red tree and you’ll see a familiar Vex opening.
- Head down the ramp and follow the corridor around. Proceed through the connecting room and keep moving forwards, then drop down the hole and turn right upon landing – welcome to The Conflux.
- You’ll be in an enormous underground complex filled with a smattering of Cabal enemies. We recommend heading forwards towards the enormous center pillar and shooting your opponents from the top of the ledge. It’s worth roaming around now and simply clearing the trash before the mini-boss fight.
- Once you’re done clearing all the mobs, proceed forward and you’ll come across the mini-boss Primus Cal’aug on top of a large elevated platform. It’s worth dropping down to the level below and taking out all the fresh mobs here so you’re out of his firing range.
- Jump back up using the environment and don’t face Cal’aug head on as he’ll have some Legionary cronies with him. Eliminate the Legionaries and any other mobs that surround Cal’aug from a distance, dropping down to the lower level if you ever need to recover lost health or armour.
- Now it’s a case of popping your Super ability, or getting out an energy weapon to break his shield, before attacking him with a weapon of your choice. We recommend the former, but if that’s not an option, a shotgun or explosive power weapon will serve you fine.
- Try and avoid staying still as his weapon does big damage, stay safe and you’ll take him down eventually.
- The loot crate can be found behind Primus Cal’augs initial spawn point, at the back on the right.
- Crack it open and you’ve completed this Lost Sector!