How to find and complete this Nessus Lost Sector.
How to find the entrance to The Orrery Lost Sector located in the Nessus region of Destiny 2, clear the encounter and take home your loot.
Looking to find The Orrery Lost Sector in Destiny 2’s Nessus zone? Imagine your looking on the map at Artifact’s Edge – it’s towards the top right and directly on the “S” on “Artifact’s”. While we could ramble on for ages on about where exactly it’s found, we’ve provided you with a far easier option by embedding a video which’ll show you how to find it and complete it nice and quickly.
It shouldn’t take too long to watch either, as the video we’ve embedded cuts through all the rubbish and simply focuses on The Orrery and nothing else. You’ll be able to see the Lost Sector’s exact position and the video will guide you through which turns to take and how to progress towards the mini-boss and the all-important loot crate at the end. If you find the video helpful, go ahead and thumbs up the creator as he deserves the credit. What’s more, we’ve detailed this walkthrough in text form for added clarity just below the video.
(If you want to be the best at every area of the game, don’t forget to bookmark our PVP, Strike and Subclass guide pages – they’ve got everything you need if you want to get more out of Destiny 2, and will be continuously updated in the weeks ahead.)
- The entrance is somewhat tucked away here, but you’ll find the Lost Sector symbol on a light-brown rock formation to the left of a large white rock jutting out to the right. Upon closer inspection the entrance widens out and leads into a cavern adorned with Vex architecture.
- Proceed through the narrow gap, turn left and proceed forwards. You’ll come to a room with a long drop to your right and another narrow entrance directly ahead. Gun your way towards this passageway and wind your way around its corners.
- You’ll be greeted by some hefty Vex resistance just over to your right, so use the large stone pillars as cover and take them out – a grenade comes in real handy here. Also watch out for sniper Hobgoblins situated on the ledges above you, both to the left and dead ahead. It’s crucial you take these guys out as they’ll chunk your health bar badly.
- Once the area is clear, make your way up the large steps ahead and you’ll come face to face with more Vex and the mini-boss Thyrdron. Now’s a good time to pop your Super and focus him down straight away. It’s worth baiting him down the elevated platform he’s on and down towards the steps so you can’t be hit by his Vex mates.
- Now that he’s dealt with, head up to where he was initially and deal with the rest of the resistance. When that’s done, proceed dead ahead and you’ll see the glowing crate backed up against the wall. Loot it and you’re done!