Fortnite: Battle Royale – Minigun stats, damage and ammo type
Everything you need to know about the latest weapon to hit Fortnite: Battle Royale.
Our Fortnite: Battle Royale Minigun guide contains release date details, what ammo it uses, damage stats and everything you need to know about this powerful Legendary version.
With version 2.4.0 of Fortnite: Battle Royale, Epic introduced a behemoth of a weapon into the game – the Minigun. It’s the perfect tool for kicking back, shredding enemies and toppling forts while quietly chuckling at the demise of those unfortunate enough to get in your way.
While Fortnite: BR’s home to a couple of explosive heavy weapons, there’s a lot of excitement surrounding the Minigun, as it’s the first uber-powerful armament that spews regular bullets and looks phenomenal while doing so.
We’re huge fans of the Minigun because it’s far from one-dimensional. You can use its insane fire rate to destroy forts, suppress enemies or obliterate health bars, and we found ourselves using it mainly as a tool to create a big tactical advantage. Below we’ll take you through absolutely all the information you’d need to know about this weapon, and how to use it effectively in-game.
Minigun: Release Date
The minigun was released with patch V.2.4.0 on 2nd February 2018.
For a full list of the changes introduced with this patch, make sure you check out the official post on Epic’s website.
Minigun: Epic and Legendary Damage Stats
Here’s a breakdown of the minigun’s statistics.
For even more stats on every weapon in the game, make sure you check out our weapons tier list with stats page!
Minigun: Tips, Tricks and Strategy Advice
Just below you’ll find a number of helpful pointers which will help you get to grips with the minigun.
- The Minigun drops from chests only.
- You won’t find a Common or Rare Minigun – it’s exclusively Epic or Legendary.
- The minigun uses Light Ammo, so it’s effectively a much beefier submachine gun.
- There’s no need to reload the Minigun as it fires all its bullets in one clip. This means it’s important to gather as much ammunition as possible before letting rip.
- The Minigun doesn’t overheat, which means it’s perfect for laying down a constant stream of bullets against enemy positions.
- Be warned that the Miniguns bullets spread wildly at long range. It’s best used against enemies in short or mid-range engagements.
- Firing the Minigun reduces your movement speed to that of a painful crawl, so take into account your positioning when preparing to tackle opponents.
- We’d recommend using the Minigun as a tool to destroy forts and completely shut down enemies who attempt to panic build their way out of a sticky situation. Simply equip the Minigun, hold down the trigger and watch as your enemy scrambles to recover.
- Don’t expect the Minigun to instantly mow down your opponents as its base damage is pretty low, despite its ridiculous fire rate.
If you’re after info on the top weapons in the game, our best guns guide has got you covered.