Fortnite: Battle Royale Remote Explosives guide (Damage Stats and Tips)
Everything we know so far about the Remote Explosive coming to Fortnite.
Our Fortnite: Battle Royale Remote Explosives guide contains everything we know so far about this new explosive charge coming to the game.
With a description that reads: “Where we’re going there’s no need for doors”, comes the news that a brand-new Remote Explosive Grenade has finally arrived in Fortnite: Battle Royale. It’s the latest in a growing line of new items to be added to the game recently, and we’re excited to see how creative players will get when it comes to making a big impact with this new explosive.
Acting in the same way as C4 or Semtex, the Remote Explosive is certainly capable of inflicting some serious destruction. When equipped, the player will throw the explosive with a click of the fire button. Press again it’ll explode – incredible for catching enemies off guard.
BREAKING NEWS – This week’s challenges are now live! CHeck out our Week 4 Challenges guide for help with completing them all!
With the ability to manually detonate an explosive that’ll stick to pretty much any surface, we’re expecting this Grenade to take center stage in the inevitable influx of highlight reels later today.
For now, we’ve put together a guide that’ll take you through everything you need to know about the all-new Remote Explosive. Stay tuned for further updates!
When you’re done here, make sure you check out our enormous Fortnite: Battle Royale guide – it covers every last area of the game!
Remote Explosives: Everything you need to know
We’ll update this section as soon as we know more.
|Name||Rarity||DPS||Damage||Crit Chance||Crit Damage||Structure Damage|
- Remote Explosives are basically C4. Throw them to any surface and press a button to manually detonate them at any time you see fit.
- They’ll take up a Grenade slot and you can stack up to four of them.
- You can hold a max of 10 in your inventory.
- The Remote Explosive to instantly eliminate anyone who’s caught in its explosion, or completely wipe out structures within its immediate vicinity.
- It’s tough to say definitively right now, but we see there being a limit to how far you can travel before detonating your Remote Explosive.
- You can’t really throw the Remote Explosive that far.
- It’s unlikely that the Remote Explosive will have any form of timer. Press the button and it’ll explode, otherwise it’ll just sit there.
- To avoid being completely undetectable, the Remote Explosive pulses with a blue light and emits a faint bleeping sound to warn enemies that it’s on a surface nearby.
- If enemies shoot your Remote Explosive, we imagine it’ll explode straight away. If you manage to catch an enemy in this explosion though, it’s likely the damage will count towards your elimination.
Drop enemies and structures with the press of a button. Remote Explosives are available now in Battle Royale. pic.twitter.com/CfDd5dndvV
Fortnite (@FortniteGame) March 15, 2018
Remote Explosives Tips and Tricks
We’ll completely overhaul this section once we’ve had some hands-on time with the Grenade upon release!
Here are a few pointers to help you get ahead of the competition.
- Think an enemy is approaching? Lay it down where you think they’ll approach, then wait for them to walk straight into it and hit that detonate button.
- You won’t have to use it exclusively like a trap. You’ll likely also be able to use the Remote Explosive like a normal grenade – although we imagine you won’t be able to throw it as far.
- If you manage to sneak up on someone’s fort, you could silently place it on a spot that might cause their whole structure to topple.
- In theory, you could create tempting structures that players will want to hold out in – but place a Remote Explosive inside to catch them out, just as they’ve settled in to your trap!
- Plant a Remote Explosive on a Supply Drop, wait for a loot-hungry opponent and boom.
That’s all we have for now, but keep this page bookmarked for further information and strategy advice when the Remote Explosive launches!