Here's everything you need to know about this limited time event.
Our Fortnite: Battle Royale Solid Gold mode guide contains everything you need to know about the new Limited Time event.
Another Limited Time mode has just been added to the game, and this time it’s all about the delicious collection of weapons available in the game. The Solid Gold V2 mode limits the loot drops in Fortnite: Battle Royale to Legendary items only, giving everyone the chance to feel super-powerful – even if you’re not normally super-lucky.
Everything from the Minigun, to the Rocket Launcher, the Suppressed Pistol and more besides will all be available to loot in a game of Solid Gold, so it should make for some very chaotic games! If you’ve started to get even a little bit fatigued from the usual Battle Royale gameplay, this should be enough to give anyone a distinctly Legendary shot in the arm.
Below we’ve put together everything we know about the event, and have also included some helpful tips and tricks to help you dominate the competition.
Make sure you have a read through our Jetpack guide for a closer look at the new item, as well as our Close Encounters LTM guide for an overview of another new limited time mode!
Solid Gold Mode V2: Overview
Here’s everything you need to know about this limited time event.
- This is a limited time mode, likely to last around a week or so. We reckon it’ll wrap up by around the 29th May 2018.
- All weapon drops will be Legendary tier.
- You’ll find Grenades in this mode too.
- Traps, Shield Potions, Bandages, Med-Kits and Chug Jugs also drop too.
- These are all the Legendary Weapon drops in the game: Minigun, Hand Cannon, SCAR, Rocket Launcher, Suppressed Pistol, Heavy Shotgun, Burst Assault Rifle and both Semi-Auto and Bolt Action Sniper Rifles. If they don’t appear in this list, they are not available in Legendary quality.
- Floor Drops: High chance of Hand Cannon & Suppressed Pistols. Low chance of Assault Rifle & Sniper Rifle.
- Chests: High chance of Assault Rifle, Minigun & Sniper Rifle. Low chance of Heavy Shotgun & Rocket/Grenade Launchers. No Pistols.
- Supply Drops: High chance of Rocket/Grenade Launchers, Medium chance of Sniper Rifles. Low chance of Heavy Shotgun & Assault Rifles. No Pistols.
- 50% extra stone and metal resources gained from farming.
- Stone Floor Drops increased to 60 per pickup.
- Metal Floor Drops increased to 90 per pickup.
- Increased drop rates of: Chug Jugs, Slurp Juice, Shields, all Special Grenades, Launch Pads and Campfires.
- Decreased drop rates of: Grenades, Spike Traps and Bandages.
- 1. Chapter 2: Season 2 guide – Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 2 guide
- 2. Best Settings – Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 – Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements – Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster – Fortnite: How to land faster
Solid Gold V2: Tips and Tricks
- Obviously everything in this mode is going to be extremely powerful, but powerful is a relative thing, right? We recommend you take a look at our weapons tier list for an idea of which of these Legendary weapons is the one you should be focusing on.
- We’ve just published a collection of our 50 biggest tips and tricks for Battle Royale, so have a look through that article if you want to get ahead of the pack.
- Do not neglect the need for building high quality defenses while everyone’s running around with this insanely powerful weaponry. We have a base-building guide that will help you cobble together even a primitive protective fort in a jiffy.
- Getting on the ground as quickly as you can in order to swipe all the loot first is still crucial to getting ahead. Our how to land faster guide has got you covered!
- Conventional weapons like the SCAR and Sniper Rifles will do wonders in this game mode. Make sure you get your hands on these as the highest priority.
- We’d take the Rocket Launcher over the Minigun as it’s capable of delivering more damage from a distance. The Minigun also limits your movement speed while firing, whereas the Rocket Launcher can be fired even while you’re bouncing around the environment.
- When you’re wielding the Hand Cannon, try and avoid spamming the trigger as it quickly loses accuracy. Instead, take an extra second to line up the shot for huge bursts of damage.
- It’s incredibly important to stack healing items as they’re hard to come by in this mode. Use them wisely!
- Ensure you’re harvesting materials at every opportunity. Building defenses matters even more now that everyone’s wielding a Legendary weapon.
- The SCAR is a must-have weapon for Solid Gold as it’s easily the best all-rounder.
We’ll be updating this guide over time, so stay tuned for more strategy advice on the way very soon!