Our complete guide to the upcoming limited time event.
Our Fortnite: Battle Royale Teams of 20 guide contains everything you need to know about this limited time mode, along with tips, tricks and strategy advice to help you dominate the battlefield.
All the way back in September of last year, Epic released a limited time 50 vs 50 game mode that saw two massive teams of players do battle against each other. As you no doubt already know, Fortnite: Battle Royale’s primary game modes only allow you to team up with a maximum of four other players, so this mass brawl completely changed the dynamics of the game.
We’ve just learned we’ll be getting another chance to experience the big team carnage with an upcoming game mode called Teams of 20. As the name suggests, players will join one of five teams containing 20 players and will face off until one team emerges victorious.
Expect lone wolves, small splinter groups and larger packs of players all working together. While traditional modes centre around small-scale skirmishes, with Teams of 20 you should expect huge build-offs and anarchic fights with players scattered all over the place.
To help you get to grips with this mode, we’ve put together a guide that’ll take you through how it works and what strategies you can adopt to win more games.
This is the first iteration of our Teams of 20 guide. Stay tuned for further updates once we’ve had a chance to jump in ourselves.
Make sure you visit our core Fortnite: Battle Royale Guide hub when you’re done here. It contains everything you need to know about the game, including tips and tactics to help you on your way to earning more Victory Royales.
Bigger teams, bigger battles! Five teams of 20 fight for Victory Royale, coming tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/3timqJM89Y
Fortnite (@FortniteGame) 7 March 2018
Teams of 20 mode: Overview
Here’s everything you need to know about the new Teams of 20 mode coming to Fortnite: Battle Royale.
- It’s going live 8th March 2018!
- Five teams of 20 players will duke it out to earn the Victory Royale.
- It’s the same map, with the same drops.
- It’s available to all players.
- The team which outlasts the competition will win.
- Teammates are highlighted by coloured arrows above their heads.
- The Map screen shows the total number of players alive on each team.
- There’s an increased chance of treasure chests and ammo boxes spawning.
- Supply Drops always come in batches of 5, and their drop rate has been increased!
- There are 6 Storm Circles as opposed to nine.
- The maximum match length is 23 minutes, down from 25.
- Expect huge waves of enemies and massive forts.
- 1. Chapter 2: Season 2 guide – Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 2 guide
- 2. Best Settings – Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 – Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements – Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster – Fortnite: How to land faster
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few pieces of strategy advice which are worth chewing over before Teams of 20 hits the game.
- Stick together with at least a few other players. If you’re caught alone against four other teams, you’re far less likely to survive!
- Don’t forget the fundamentals. Harvest materials, look for loot and make sure you’re building whenever enemies are just over the horizon.
- Watch your back at all times, as any number of enemies could be approaching from all angles. Try and stay alert to avoid getting caught off-guard.
- Just because you’ve got a large number of teammates doesn’t mean they aren’t worth saving individually. The more the merrier, so do your best to revive fallen allies and protect them if they’re in trouble.
- If you spot a smaller group of enemies, it’s worth rallying together in a greater number and taking them on. You’ll be at an advantage right from the get-go, and it’s a prime opportunity to win the fight and loot their bodies.
That’s all we’ve got for now, but make sure you keep this page bookmarked as we’ll be overhauling this guide as soon as the Teams of 20 mode goes live!