All the latest information on V.3.0.0 of Fortnite in one place
On this page you’ll find patch notes for Fortnite V.3.0.0 and a guide to all of the new content that’s coming to Battle Royale and Save the World.
Season 3 of Fortnite: Battle Royale is about to get under way very shortly. At the time of writing this article the servers have been taken down for maintenance, and a new set of patch notes have been released to confirm all the awesome new stuff that’ll be in the game when the switches get turned back on!
In this article we wanted to put together a quick guide to everything that’s new in V.3.0.0 of Fortnite: Battle Royale. We’ve got a breakdown of the main points you need to know about, followed by the full main patch notes so you can get stuck into all the nitty gritty detail.
First up though, here are all of the headline announcements:
- Hand Cannon – A new weapon is coming to the game which is sure to delight Desert Eagle fans. Take a look through our Hand Cannon guide for the complete lowdown on this new item – we’ll be updating that guide regularly throughout the day.
- 60 FPS – If you play the game on PS4, PS4 Pro, Xbox One or Xbox One X you will be happy to know that the game now runs at a buttery-smooth 60 frames per second on all four of these consoles.
- Season 3 – Battle Royale is about to enter it’s third season of competition. There’s be new cosmetic items to unlock and a new Battle Pass to work through. Our Fortnite: Battle Royale Season 3 guide has the full lowdown on what’s new in this regard.
- Building – Building in both modes is about to get a whole lot easier, thanks to some fast building tools and automatic material changes. We’ll have a guide to the new building changes for you a little later on this morning. Stay tuned for an update.
- Save the World – Fans of the PVE component of Fortnite can look forward to a new Lunar New Year quest line, a new orchestral score and some new weapons and heroes.
Epic Games has also released two new videos with the patch notes. The first of these takes in all of those building changes we’ve mentioned above, while the second shows off a little teaser of the Hand Cannon in action.
Finally, here are those patch notes in full:
Major Improvements to Building!
- Players can now build structures just about anywhere, even through trees, rocks and cars.
- This allows you more freedom when building (no more pesky trees stopping your ramps).
- Structural support still works the same way – only terrain or other buildings will support your built structures, not objects you build through.
- If you run out of materials while building, you’ll now automatically switch to the next material with available resources.
- You can turn this feature off with the “Auto Material Change” option in the Game Settings menu.
- You can now continuously place the selected building piece by holding down the Primary Fire button.
- You can turn this feature off with the “Turbo Building” option in the Game Settings menu.
- Battle Royale: Switching between building pieces is now much smoother, especially using console controls or under non-ideal network conditions.
New Orchestral Music Score!
- The score was created by film composer Marco Beltrami (Logan, The Hurt Locker, etc.) and Pinar Toprak (Krypton TV series, additional composition for the Justice League film, etc.). The hour long score was recorded in Nashville with an amazing orchestra.
- Save the World: All music has been updated with an entirely new soundtrack.
- Battle Royale: The Login, Launch, and Lobby menus have updated remixes from the new score.
Added Color Blind Option
- This can be found in the new “Accessibility” tab in the game’s options.
- There’s a strength indicator so that you can find a level that works best for you.
- This feature is still in development. We’d love to hear your feedback, especially if you’re unable to find a level that makes the colors better for you.
- Holding down the “Interact/Use” button when approaching a chest or downed ally will now automatically perform the action once in range.
- This also works when reviving teammates.
- Messaging now displays when party functionality has degraded due to server issues.
- This includes being able to join parties and send invitations.
- Easy Anti-Cheat protection added to Mac.
- Improved the look and feel of the game window title bar, buttons and borders on Windows.
- Fixed Auto-Run being cancelled when opening the map or inventory screens.
- Inventory icons should no longer get stuck in a selected state after being dragged out of the inventory.
- Improved CPU performance when activating overlaps, such as traps or triggers.
- Optimized grass rendering to improve overall frame rate.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect numbers could be shown if you enabled the “Show Net Stats” HUD option.
- Microphones connected to controllers will be muted when changing any audio volume.