Everything you need to know about this limited time event.
Our Fortnite: Close Encounters LTM guide contains everything you need to know about this new limited time mode in Fortnite: Battle Royale.
There’s a great variety of weapons with which to take out your opponents in Fortnite, but we reckon you’ll agree that there’s nothing more satisfying that blasting your foes with a Shotgun at close range.
Well, dreams do come true for those of us who prefer close quarters Shotgun duels. The new Close Encounters Limited Time Mode not only features various Shotguns (Pump, Heavy and Tactical), but also combines these hefty firearms with the brand new Jetpack item!
So, not only should you expect some duels on the ground, but also in the air too. Below we’ve put together a guide that’ll take you through how the new Close Encounters mode will work, along with some tips and tricks to help you get up and running too.
Close Encounters: How does it work?
UPDATE: Epic Games has confirmed that Close Encounters will be released on 25th May 2018.
Here’s how Close Encounters will work:
- The only guns in this mode are the various types of Shotguns.
- Jetpacks & Heavy Shotguns can be found in Chests & Supply Drops.
- Other Shotgun types are spawned as Floor Loot.
- The storm moves in more quickly than normal mid to late game.
- Typical match length is about 15 minutes.
- Stats are enabled for this mode.
Close Encounter’s isn’t live yet, but another LTM is! Make sure you check out our Solid Gold V2 guide for an in-depth look at what’s new in the revamped limited time mode!
- 1. Chapter 2: Season 2 guide – Fortnite Chapter 2: Season 2 guide
- 2. Best Settings – Fortnite: Best Settings (PC, PS4, Xbox)
- 3. Best Keybinds 2019 – Fortnite: Best Keybinds 2019
- 4. System Requirements – Fortnite: System Requirements (PC and Mac)
- 5. Land Faster – Fortnite: How to land faster
Close Encounters: Tips and Tricks
We’ll put together a whole host of tips and tricks below once we’ve had a chance to get stuck into the mode ourselves. Expect some frequent updates in the next few hours, so keep this page bookmarked for all the latest – bear with us!
That concludes the first edition of our Close Encounters guide, but we’ll be overhauling this page with strategy advice and further detail over the course of the day. Stay tuned!